cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update of security Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 3000 Roles, which require adding S_PROGRAM authorization. How to mass update all roles ? can we do it from table level? System is 4.7

Thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Dont know if you really need to change the 3000 roles to add that authorization object, I guess there is no way to make mass changes to roles... but an alternative is to create a simple rol containing the S_PROGRAM authorization object and assign it (ussing mass Changes for Users) to all the users you want to give the access.

It's an alternative...Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...per company policy, this cannot be done so. Wondering, if USR12, USR13, UST12, AGR_TIMEB and SPERS_OBJ can be updated ? I see these tables are getting updated when you do change to authorization and transport.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use transaction SUPC, it should help you for the mass changes.

Besides that, all updates to tables are possible at DB level...but for SAP is not the best practice. You can always make those kind of updates with the help of an abaper who can write a program and run it at SAP level (for consistency) or you can create a CATT for yourself for mass updates.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best thing is to use CATT to design a test case for the updation of the roles with the required Authorization.

Kindly Award points if this comes helpful

With Regards,

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all..Let me try with CATT