Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-28 User Exit / BTE / Enhancement Point

Deon_van_Zyl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently trying to do a profit centre substitution when we are posting a Payment on F-28 for a billing document.

We are using the the item text field BSEG-SGTXT to store a reference number that is needed to do a lookup for the profit centre.

The problem I am having is getting a BTE / User Exit / Enhancement Point on F-28 where I have the billing document record as well as the new posting record that is being build while either doing a simulation or a posting.

I am already using BTE 00001120 but that does not have the billing document and neither does BTE 00001140. I have also tried BADI_ACC_DOCUMENT and BADI ACC_DOCUMENT but they do not get called when simulating the documents.

Has anyone done this before or know of an exit that can be used to retrieve data of the billing document in order to change something on your payment postings?

I am sure it must be possible!

Kind Regards

Deon

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The BADI ACC_DOCUMENT is triggered only if the Account document is posted from another Module (so not by FI), for example SD, MM,.......so it's not triggered by F-28

I think you need to use the classical subistitution (trx OBBH) or BTE 00001120 (but I prefer substitution): of course the problem is here you've only the current document (so the payment), that mean you should insert a reference to the bill in the payment in order to get it

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Thanks for the reply. We are trying this now and will update with the outcome. With the classical substitution, will I have a reference to the billing document? Or would we have to insert a reference somewhere on the payment to the billing document as well?

Is there nowhere where I can get both the billing document and the current document (payment) in one exit?

-d

0 Kudos

Hi

The flow should be Bill->Customer (Accounting) invoice ->Customer (Accounting) payment

After posting the payment it'll have the link between the payment and the bill, because the payment will be the clearing document of customer invoice,

so I don't think it's possible to have this link before saving the payment, you can't know which invoices (so bills) will be cleared while creating the payment (I mean in the user-exit, substitution, etc. etc.),

but if the the payment is created with the same reference of the invoice (for example with the same assignment) you can try to get the bill in the exit.

So I think the solution depends on how the payment is created, I mean which data (assignment, reference,....) will be migrated from the invoice to the payment

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Thanks for you feedback! Yip it makes sense. We did try the normal substitution process going the OBBH -> ZGGBS000 route and there is no where a handle on the invoice in order to get the reference number. The closest I got was with a BTE 00000940 where I actually get a table of all the invoices along with the payment.. but... there is no indication which invoice the one was I selected and the BTE was not designed to "retain" any data changes to tables. Its only for validation rules. I thought that if I was able to get the correct invoice entry then I could write it to memory and retrieve it later but without and indication of the invoice selected that will also not work.

The data that is migrated from the invoice to the payment wil have to be manual right? When you post the payment you would have to manually enter the reference on f-28? There is no way to get the invoice you selected in the user exit when processing the payment?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we did, unfortunately we cannot get the reference number on the invoice and the payment entries in the same user exit. The reference number on the invoice determines the profit centre.

Kind Regards

Deon

kabil_g
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gideon ,

Create substitution rule  and try the below stuffs.

subtitution rules creation :

Step 2 :

Step 3 : Play around your required logic

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we did create the substitution rules with the user exit but unfortunately we cannot get the reference number on the invoice and the payment entries in the same user exit. The reference number on the invoice determines the profit centre.

Kind Regards

Deon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did You try the BTE 1130, there you can change the Profit Center.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

BTE 1130 does not get called when processing F-28?

Kind Regards

Deon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gideon,

We are facing a similar probem.

Can you please tell us what solution you found for this problem ?

Did you get any exit or BTE where you can get both the old billing document. number  and the new clearing document number ?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately we have not been able to solve this yet. We are still investigating options on how to overcome the problem. I will let you know if we find something. Please also let me know if you have success on your side

Kind Regards

Deon