cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come GET_ATTRIBUTE is returning value with out SET_ATTRIBUTE, tricky!

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are getting an error from standard SAP WD component, I saw the place where the error is specified in the code, but no use bcz no clue about the root cause, I mean, as shown in the below pic error is located in ERROR node and being reading by using GET_ATTRIBUTE, but we checked the whole code of the VIEW multiple times, but we didn't find that where the standard SAP is populating ERROR attribute by using SET_ATTRIBUTE hence we couldn't have an idea about root cause,

(This ERROR node is VIEW specific context attribute, this WD is from PLM WebUI)

I have attached the note pad, where in we can see the whole code of this VIEW

Pl. let us know where the standard SAP is setting the ERROR attribute with a value by using the SET_ATTRIBUTE method?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The values corresponding to that might have been set at context level through set attributes/bind table/set attributes table. Please both in View and in Component controller.

Regards,

Harsha

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

I did not understood your answer, but anyways I checked the ERROR attribute in CONTEXT its just defined as STRING.

Any help from any experts pls.?

Thank you

developerone
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the name of the context node that is getting populated ?  Perform a search on the component where this context node/attribute( ERROR ) is being set.

Steps to perform search:

1. Right Click on the component name.

2. Perform Extended Check

3. Copy the generated class name

4. Go to SE24, paste the class name copied in step 3

5. Perform string search on the context node name or attribute name.

You will get to see the location where the context node/attribute is getting updated.

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, but as I said the single attribute ERROR is just VIEW specific, its not global and I said I searched all the VEIW's code for the SET_ATRIBUTE for ERROR attribute, but didn't there, also I attached the VIEW's complete code notepad to my original thread

Any help from any experts

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The value assigned to the attribute can not only set by set_attribute, but it can also be set at contextual level, through, bind table/set attribute table/bind structure, depending upon the situation. Hence I requested you to check if the values are assigned directly to node, rather than binding individually through set attribute.

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I checked at contexts / properties in LAY OUT tab but didn't find any SETTING ATTRIBUTE

Any help?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have the component //PLMU/WDC_DIR in my system.

I suspect the ERRORNODE is not being filled from the View logic, instead it is being populated from outside view like component controller, or some other view, etc.

To make sure the error node is view specific and its not mapped from either component or from other component's context.

Please share the snap shot of CONTEXT tab of both view and component controller.

Also, click on node "ERRORNODE" and share the mapping path of the node from property section.

Regards,

Rama

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Yes, its view specific, its not ERRORNODE, its just an attribute named as ERROR as shown in the attached pic, pls. see the pic and the code in the notepad. I wish here I can also attach the Component Controller code as well, but there is no option for attaching it again here

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls.?

Thank you