Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 Upgrade requirements

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm planning and EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0. My current database version is DB6 9.7, so I need an upgrade to 10.5 (SAP Note 1951491). I was checking the requirements for DB6 10.5 in SAP Note 1851853 which says:

"You must use the following minimum SAP Basis release levels:

SAP NetWeaver 7.00 SP27"

Does this mean all NetWeaver Software Components or only "SAP_BASIS"?

I have also checked SAP Note 2146598 which says:

"You can use DB2 10.5 for the time of the upgrade even if your system does not meet the minimum levels for DB2 10.5 from SAP Note 1851853.

The following conditions apply:

You upgrade to DB2 10.5 immediately before the upgrade to NW 7.40 SP08 or higher"

So what does immediately means?As a I need to perform the EHP7 after the DB Upgrade, the production system will be running without the minimum SP (1851853) for a few days, maybe 3 or 4, Will this be harmful for the database?

Best regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JA,

Does this mean all NetWeaver Software Components or only "SAP_BASIS"?

Yes, this means SAP_BASIS

So what does immediately means?As a I need to perform the EHP7 after the DB Upgrade, the production system will be running without the minimum SP (1851853) for a few days, maybe 3 or 4, Will this be harmful for the database?

Yes.. you can run your system productively if it's meets minimum requirement.

But if it does not meet the minimum condition, then you cannot use productively for 3-4 days, infact you need to do it immediately before the upgrade.

So, better bring your system to minimum levels and then upgrade DB2.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JA

1. As per the SAP Note 1851853 upgrade the SP level to 27 stack.

2. Upgrade the DB6 DB to 10.5

3. Upgrade the SAP to SAP EHP7 ERP 6 before that check the SAP Note for interoperability other SAP module (Like BI,EP,XI ..)

1388258 - Version Interoperability within the SAP Business Suite

BR

SS

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the Information SS, I'm ok with number 2 and 3, however, regarding number 1:

Do I need to patch all NetWeaver components? Like SAP_BASIS, SAP_BW, SAP_ABA, etc? or it will sufficient with SAP_BASIS only? I wouldn't like to spend much effort on this activity as I'm performing and EHP later, which will leave the system in a consistent SPS.

Best Regards,

JA

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JA

1. What is the current OS & SAP SP /kernel level's?

2. Yes, it will be better to upgrade the all NW components to SP level 27 and kernel 7.21 ext.

BR

SS

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you SS, I'll try the NW SP update first.

Best regards,

JA