cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check all the applied SAP NOTES in EHP7 system? CWBNTHEAD is not giving proper information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

During the SAP implemntation phase, we are getting some issues. We want to verify for some SAP notes applied in the system or not.

Steps I follwed to verify:

STEP_1. Tx SE16 > Table CWBNTHEAD  > execute : It displays all the SAP Notes BUT there is no flag/indicator which confirms the success or faliure of implementation.

STEP_2.  Tx SNOTE > Note browser > put SAP Note# and execute : It displays status like completely implemented / can be implemented etc.

STEP_3. Tx SM51 > Release Notes : Check all the applied NOTES : I have verified for one NOTE which was applied in the system BUT release note in SM51 has no information about that. Hence it's not a relaiable method.

Can someone please provide me with the method to verify/check for the all applied notes?

Highly appreciate for your responses

PS: Will award points.

Thanks,

Garry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dasistdochscheisse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In our dev system there are more than 300k notes applied, according to the number of entries in CWBNTHEAD. Nobody did implement so many notes, even not summed up over all the years. My guess: this number contains also the notes applied by support packages.

mambere
Explorer
0 Kudos

is table: CWBNTHEAD contains all the SAP NOTES involved in the release?

Then what is the difference between the TCode SNOTE and table: CWBNTHEAD?

I can see only 15-20 Notes in TCode SNOTE and there are more then 70k Notes in table: CWBNTHEAD

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garry

Could you check this link with deital steps

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

I think CWBNTMSG is the table you're looking for.

This will give the list of all the SAP notes and thier status in one go.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

As you mentioned, below step is fine and can be followed to check the Snotes status.

STEP_2.  Tx SNOTE > Note browser > put SAP Note# and execute : It displays status like completely implemented / can be implemented etc.

If Snotes are not implemented properly it show status as incompletely implemented. You can re-execute to implement it completely. 

Sometime Snote shows status as completely implemented but Objects contained in snote might be in inactive state.

You can check these inactive objects with below mentioned step.

Tcode SE80 -> Select Inactive objects , Give user id which was used to implement snotes -> press enter.

Thanks & Regards,

Jaskirat Singh