cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing invoice through MR8M - Balance is not zero - M8534

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, how is going?

I'm facing a problem and I don't know where is the root cause of this behavior.

If I post an invoice through MIRO t-code with two items, where one of this item is from a PO and the second item is a planned delivery cost regarding this same item and each one of them has its own IVA code, when I try to reverse this invoice the system calculates wrongly the taxes and arises the error M8534 - Balance is not zero....

For example:

In my invoice my first item has a gross value of 100.00 BRL. I post it on MIRO with the net value of 73.75 BRL and insert the IVA code WY. This IVA code calculates somes taxes (ICMS, PIS e COFINS - Brazilian taxes) in value of 26.25 BRL. However, my second item it's a planned delivery cost (condition ZFRE - Freight) with the gross value of 100,00 as well, but, different from the first item, this second item doesn't have any tax, so I use the IVA code C0. My invoice has a total value of 200.00 BRL.

If I try to reverse it through MR8M t-code, the system, for any reason that I didn't realize why, calculates wrongly the taxes. It calculates the taxes in value of 11,15 BRL and the balance is not zero and arises the error M8534.

The weirdest is that I if try post the credit memo through MIRO t-code, the system calculates correctly the taxes, 26.25 BRL. same as it did when the invoice was posted. The wrong taxes are only calculated when the transaction MR8M is used.

Do you suggest me any customizing to be verified in system regarding this problem? I've already looked for some sap notes, but the one that metion the error m8534 are old ones and are already implemented on our system. Another thing very strange about this issue... it only happens if I post po item with planned delivery cost. I tried to simulate the same situation putting two po items with different IVA codes but it calculated the taxes correctly.

Is there any place where taxes regarding planned delivery are customized and I could verify if there is anything weird there?

Thanks in advance all help from you,

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo, did you solve this problem? I´ve been through the same thing.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to search for OSS notes using they: mr8m m8534

There are about 20, some for Brazil, many with bug fixes like 1140788 - Tax calculation error in the reversal of invoices

As the notes with bug fixes are specific for certain releases only and even the errors are only coming up in situation that are not mentioned here it would be best you read those notes yourself

daksh_pawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Is this resolved? I'm facing same issue.