cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sfin migration: handling "FI-AA is not compatible with Lease Accounting Engine (LAE)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing a test migration of an ECC IDES system to sFin.

During phase Preparations and Migration of Customizing of the General Ledger, step Activate Asset Accounting (new), I get the fatal error "FI-AA is not compatible with Lease Accounting Engine (LAE)".

On googling, I cannot find any relevant information on how to de-activate or remove the LAE.

I do not have a background in FI, so pardon my ignorance on this matter.

Is anyone familiar with the LAE, and is it a component that can be deactivated or removed, or somehow ignored during the sFin migration?

Thanks!
Mark Teehan

Singapore

The Long text: LAE is not compatible with Asset Accounting (new)

Message No. FAA_POST009

Diagnosis

The business function FI-AA, Parallel Valuation (FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL) is activated in the system. The Customizing switch for new Asset Accounting (PARALLEL_VAL) is In Preparation or Active.

However, the Lease Accounting Engine (LAE) is not compatible with this business function for new Asset Accounting.

System Response

It is not possible to use the LAE together with new Asset Accounting and to configure corresponding Customizing settings for the LAE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Good morning,

I think the Lease accounting engine function is active in the Ides system.

You need to deactivate it and also remove the component of the LEA.

Check the ECC extension EA-APPL with "Financial extension".

If this is active you need to deactivate it.

This will be a business function which is active in your ides system.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rishab

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how to deactivate LAE or FI-LA... maybe Rishab's suggestion will work.  But it's mentioned in the sFIN 1503 materials that once you activate the new FI-AA solution for parallel accounting, it's not (yet) supported for LAE, JVA, and some others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishab, Nathan.

As it is not possible to de-activate the financial extension that contains LEA, I conclude that it is not possible to migrate this system to sFin. I've asked around and I dont believe that there are any options available.

Thanks both

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark,

Sorry to hear that..but everything is possible in SAP, all you need to do is Sit And Practise

Can you ask your basis guy / admin to have a fresh system without any of these component ( JVA, LEA..) present.

There you should definitely be able to activate and use all the new features of sfin

Regards

Rishab