cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceeded error while creating PO on reducing quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have one urgent issue. While creating of PO error message is coming that your budget is exceeded but the point is customer is trying to reduce the quantity.

In general case budget will exceed only when we will try to increase the quantity but here they are reducing the quantity and getting this error. Any suggetions? Since it's MM-PS integeration, and I have access of their prd system at the moment only.

Regards,

Diptanshu Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to check the open line items like PR/PO with respect to the mentioned WBS,

The message would have given you the actual amount exceeds.Also check the available budget for the WBS and the over all PO value which may give you the correct figure to sort the issue.

This is a basic issue because of reasons.

1.Change in budget allocation after the approval of PO.

2.PR/PO is created with respect to the WBS.

3.Check the deliver date.(Budget checks based on delivery date)

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the available budget and assigned budget, execute the report S_ALR_87013558 where input the project code.

Its doesn't mean whether reducing  the quantity, system should not throw an error message.

May be someone has consumed quantity, or PR/PO has been created and released but not converted into GRN. It all depends on your system setting. So please check the details.

Regards

Sanjeet Kumar

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is not point of increasing or reducing the qty in P.O, Kindly check the commitments to the project.

Some times you may have inconsistency in the budget control so first check all the commitments and the available value to the project.If every thing is fine but still system is giving an error message as "Budget exceeded", even having available budget, then execute transactions 1) CJEN 2)CJBN to reconstruct the budget.

before that execute report CJE0 and check for available budget and commitments.Then based on available budget proceed for re cosntructing the budget for project.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am executing the report in CJE0, it is showing "no cost, revenue and finances selected" 

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly check your authorization for your user id for all project types and budget related authorizations.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read this document and hopefully its resolve your problem.

Always try to search your issue on SCN before asking question. Most common questions already answered.

Regards_Amit