cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step of the executed script failed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I am trying to execute some sequence of steps like clicking some buttons and filling some text fields. when i click on the script button i am getting the following error.

"step of the executed script failed."

can some one explain what is the problem? it is not giving the step number to check where it went wrong.

Thanks,

Swathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

the best way to check what step is the bad one, you can remove step by step the steps from the end of your script.

Than run the script by clicking the script button and if the error message disappears, you've got the error causing step.

Maybe the Javascript console from browser Chrome or Firefox is giving you more information about errors.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christian,

Thanks for quick reply.

Removing step by step and adding back, this approach logically not possible possible in my case.

I have resolved my problem. Now my script is working fine.

The problem was, I have created a script button to copy some value from popup in the screen. In the same transaction i have to handle 20 popups with a single click. So it end up with that error.

I have created 10 script buttons on the screen to handle 2 popups for each. Finally i have created another script button which have only "push" step for 10 times to click the 10 script buttons,

Now it is working fine . 

Thanks,

Swathi

Answers (0)