cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure charm for single non-abap system?

0 Kudos

Hi

Someone can guide me regarding Charm configuration for single system? I have found a discussion that it requires at least multiple clients which are roles for DEV, QAS, PRD.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3398799

Then how about non-ABAP application which doesn't support Client concept like Business Object? Is it possible to configure ChaRM even if I have only a single system available?

Best Regards,

Seong Do Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can configure the CHARM for single system. But you need to create the clients which will act as development quality and production system. You need to then define the transport routes between them.

Please go through the below link for more information.

If you want to set up charm for non abap systems, you need cCTS+ in order to achieve that.

For instance if we consider only BO related activities like promotions (transporting from one system to another) is not supported through CHARM, I am not very much sure on this point.

Thanks

Rishav

0 Kudos

Dear Rishav

Thanks for your advice.

BO is just an example of non-abap system which doesn't support 'Client' concept.(Anyhow your comment made me curious. What are more important activities than promotions in BO in a change control management perspective)

Anyways, going back to my original question, I was looking for a how-to guide of non-abap systems which do not support "Multiple CLIENTS" concept by nature. In that case, I cannot assign multiple roles(DEV, QAS, PRD) in one system so it looks it's not possible to configure ChaRM.

Am I right or is there any way to configure it?

Best regards,

Seong Do Lee

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

ChaRM is a layer on top of the CTS landscape.

If a given scenario makes sense in CTS , in principle it should be manageable by ChaRM (there are exceptions to this rule though).

From my point of view, a CTS+ landscape for a single client does not make sense. There are no transport routes... Maybe I am wrong, but if you change a system in one client, there is no use to transport changes from that one client to itself.

ChaRM supports two-system landscapes. I think that is the smallest you can go.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

0 Kudos

Thanks for your clarification

Answers (0)