cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO-DP: Assign Forecast profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am struggling to run my Stat FC job based on user selections in the MSDP_FCST2 txn, Assign FC profiles to selection. There he assigned different materials to different FC profiles with different strategies.

In my activity, I chose auto model 2 as Master profile with unchecked Always Use Job profile and all other boxes too.

Now when I ran the job, its just running based on Auto 2, taking the life cycle planning table assigments, etc. but not based on assignments made by the user in MSDP_FCST2 (those materials should use only defined FC profiles, not auto2).

What is the mistake I am doing or anything I am missing ?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, technically the assignments could be on different agg. levels. Some on material itself, some on mat, country, .... but the job has fixed level. So that may not be the reason. Still I made it same, and ran again, didnt work.

Hi Ada, Your solution seems to be in right direction. I checked the table, it has 232 entries but the MSDP_FCST2 has only 20 entries, as user deleted all those assignments and created only few for testing. As this is still not working.

So why the entries are different ? not empties the table also when deleted from the assignment table ?

2) can we have multiple selection criteria for each assignment or we have to have just one level only?

3) Can the activity has Auto2 model to pick the user assignments from this table rather than system checking all models based on Auto2 ?

Thanks for your help..

Venkat

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please first check table /SAPAPO/TSAREATE, and find out the selection table for your planning area. The selection table should be started with /1APO/S. Make sure you only have one entry here for the planning area.
In the selection table (/1APO/S***) it contains selection IDs for the planning area.
Now you go to table /sapapo/dp_fcst2, check the forecast profile assignment, and see if the selection ids here match the selection ids in the selection table.
Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul, Ada.

I have removed the tick from life cycle planning acitve. still its doing FC based on Auto model2, not by fixed assignments by the user. I do not want system to suggest right models, it should FC based on user assignments of FC profiles to the selections.

I have the selection ID and Job aggregation levels are different. job has checked on few more chars. But how that will make a difference between user assignments and Auto2 proposals ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Venkat

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Since it is not working at least try with same aggregation level as suggested either to resolve or rule out as a cause. Plus check what is the aggregation level of profile which it is considering, is it same as of job?

Regards

Rahul

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure the job is executed on an aggregation level, that the selection profile is created.
e.g. when you only include "Material" char in the selection profile, the job should be executed on "Material" level only (with only char "Material" checked as grouping condition in job definition).
Also navigation attributes should not be involved.

BR, Ada

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Check in your master profile is "lifecycle planning active"? If yes try to untick the same and test it.

Regards

Rahul