Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Automatic Determination of Shipping Point and Route in Sales Order with Service Materials

Hello everyone,

My client requirement is that they need the system to do the automatic determination of shipping point and the route in the sales order for materials (material type FERT) and for services (material type DIEN). I know that material type DIEN (service) doesn’t manage stock nor require a shipping point but my client needs to sell materials and services from the same sales order and that- automatically- the system determine the shipping point and route for each material, because the make the billing process with the shipment completion in tx VT02N.

I know the conditions for determination of shipping point are: shipping conditions (customer master record); Loading group (material master record) and Plant, the problem with material type DIEN (service) in txs MM01 or MM02 the system does not show the loading group field so it would be possible to customize it for service material.

Any help, explanation or suggestions to find out a solution vía customizing or may be would be better to prepare a development for this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

NP

Former Member
replied

Hi Nahuru,

In OVL2,Assign the required Shipping Point to Plant alone. Don't give other two parameters.

However,for Bringing the field in Material Masters,check the below step

1.Go to OMS2 and check which Field Reference is assigned to the Material Type DIEN

2.Then go to OMS9 and do the following steps

• Select the required Field Selection Group( 94 is for your requirement)
  • Then select the field reference and check the field DISPLAY.(For DIEN this field will be in HIDE)

To check the relevant field selection group for the fields,go to OMSR

Regards

Logan

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question