cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SAP BO to a third part aplication through ODATA rest call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone knows if it possible to connect a unx universe to another application through ODATA rest cALL?

Thanks in advance

Rogerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Rogerio,

Not sure it will answer your question, but it exists an OData driver for Connection Server.

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony, can you ive more information about it ?

Thanks

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rogerio,

What Anthony was referring to was that you can create connections to generic odata service in IDT.  To my knowledge, this won't work for the oData service provided by the Semantic Layer REST service since the driver does not allow passing a logon token with the service URL.

I believe your question was if a third party application could consume data from an SL RESTful odata call?  Since the service returns data in XML or Json formats, then the answer is yes, it is possible.  The third party application just needs to parse the results.  

The query used to retrieve the data is only valid for the life of the REST Session (X-SAP-LogonToken) since it is stored in memory and not in the CMS repository.

Workflows are described here:  http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_sbo41sp5wi-sdk/frameset.htm?17416d43d3744c70adb0c9ac55af4d39.html#

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

I will do a better research on the subject,

Cheers,

Rogerio

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Rogerio,

I'm quite curius about the idea behind this question

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

That´s because people here are testing Tableau and I´m trying to find a way to make the connection between the universes and Tableau smoothly.

Up to now they are dumping a WEBI query as an Excel file and Tableau is consumingv  this Excel file.

Cheers,

Rogerio

danish147
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Rogerio: Any Luck on this topic yet?

Looking into Toreo, but thats an ODBC.

Answers (0)