cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields 'Device', 'Client' and 'User' in Afaria Admin UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have  a question concerning the Device List in the Afaria Admin UI.

Where do the fields 'Device', 'Client' and 'User' on the Default Device View come from?

As you can see in the screens below, we have some iOS devices for which the 'Device' field contains a value, but the 'User' field ist empty and some where the 'Device' field is empty, but the 'User' field is filled out.

What settings and policies influence these fields?

Cheers,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for reaching out to SAP Community Network.

The default device view with client name and user name for the iOS devices populate when the enrollment process happens on the device. Client name is the name provided by the user when enrolling the iOS device.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha

Thank you for your answer. Did you see my screenshots? If the client name and user name is populated when the enrollment process happens on the device, then why do i have devices where the 'User' or the 'Device' field is empty?

Our enrollment is always done using Active Directory username and password. So the 'User' field as well as the 'Device' field should not be empty if I understood your answer correctly.

And what is the 'Client' field populated with? This field always seems to be empty for our iOS devices...

Thanks,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Could you please open an incident to report this issue as it needs more troubleshooting from the engineering team as well.

Please open the incident at https://support.sap.com -> Report an incident. I will take care of this incident and investigate further. Do let me know once done.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, will do. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmita

It seems that this was a side effect of the server not being configured correctly. Chris Redel referred us to the Knowledge Base Article 1659279. We followed the instructions of the KBA and now the device inventory is working properly again and the Device and User fields are filled out as expected again.

Cheers,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Good to hear that the issue is resolved. I will update the same on the incident.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha

I already updated the issue too. We can close it afterwards.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Sure. De device field can be configured in this screen when you configure Enrollment code:

will be in devices list in this format:

The field User is the user used in the device when perform The enrollment process

Hope that help you

Christopher Arias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher

Thanks for the Information.

The iOS Enrollment Policy we are using is currently configured as follows:

Still the 'Device' Field remains empty for enrolled iOS devices. We are enrolling via SSP.

Any idea why it could be that the 'Device' Field remains empty when enrolling?

Kind regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh... and do you have a hint why the 'User' could be empty for some devices?

Kind regards,

Tobias