cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i create multiple stock types linked with one availability group?

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement where I want to create 3-4 different stock types which should all belong to same availability group which in turn is linked to only one storage location.So far i have not found this achievable.Is that possible technically in EWM ?

Regards,

Khushboo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have the same requirement as Thilak Anandakiran.

I found this information in system:

"You can define other location-independent stock types in EWM, if you do not need to communicate them to the ERP system."

What does this mean? I found no way that own customized "location-independent stock types" can be used. Currently I also get the same error message "EWM data not supported for ERP communication: Non-Dep. Stock Type RP". (/SCWM/ERPINTEGRATION114)

best regards

Andreas

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi and0r,

Please create new storage type role (follow the steps in page 7-8-9 of PDF doc in below) and let us know if you face any issues.

Quarantine_Scenarios.pdf

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/How-To+Guides+for+SAP+EWM

Kind Regards,

Ajit

0 Kudos

I am also getting the same error. I created one block stock type "b2" that would communicate the posting back to ecc and I maintained few more own location depedant stock types but when i try to convert a stock from "b2" to "b3" i am getting the same error "EWM data not supported for ERP communication: Non-Dep. Stock Type RP".

i have configured only b2 in a way such that it communicates to ecc. i have configured the rest of the stock types to be non location dependant stock type and should not be communicated to ecc

after pushing the changes to the quality, i changed a hu from f2 to q2 it worked fine. but then i posted one from b2 to b3 where i get this error

WM data not supported for ERP communication: Non-Dep. Stock Type RP".

is there a way to prevent this from happening? if so please let me know what settings, i should be maintaining.

i thought this would actually work but no, it didnt

thanks
anand.

0 Kudos

Y cant we create COO as a Qaunt attribute and restrict by Batch.

0 Kudos

True that. it is just that we have a crazy customer :). i am planning to create my own/custom stock type role and maintain intervals for them. I know this is completely against the std sap and no one encourages it but have no option.

thanks juergen.

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen Pitz , hilak Anandakiran,

I am sorry, can not agree with you both. SAP itself extending Stock Type Role for one of the scenario. Please check the reference.

Reference:

Quarantine_Scenarios.pdf

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/How-To+Guides+for+SAP+EWM

Kind Regards,

Ajit

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello ajit.routray.ewm ,

ok, this document describes that you can add an append to the domain /SCWM/DO_CAT_ROLE, which controls the stock type role. Was not aware of that, I had never checked the quarantine scenario. But of course you need a BAdI to define when this stock type role. Which means nothing else then it is not a standard scenario, even if SAP gives you tools to build something like that. And the question remains: what does the customer want to gain with that (assuming now that it is not just this quarantine thing) and how do you control it?

And still the fact stays that it is always a unique combination of these keys, you agree?

Brgds

Juergen

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor

Hi Juergen Pitz,

"And still the fact stays that it is always a unique combination of these keys, you agree?" -> Agree till the recent release version 1909 🙂

"what does the customer want to gain with that (assuming now that it is not just this quarantine thing) and how do you control it?"-> Control: Do you mean Technical Control which is available in Storage Type ? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Gain: Depends on Customer Processes

-> As per my understanding, creating new Non-Dep. Stock Type would not help where it need to exchange the data between ERP and EWM.

Kind Regards,

Ajit

0 Kudos

hi

my customer also wanted the same thing. when I added an additional stock type "b3" for the block stock I was getting an error, "Stock type data identical to B2; attributes must be unique”

So i changed the stock type role to " customs blocked stock". After setting this up, my customer was trying to post the q2 stock to b3 and now she is getting error " custom blocked stock only GR for inbound deal. or release by gts possible"

is there a way out for this ? let me know if you guys know something to have two stock type with role "normal stock"

thanks

anand

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

of course that does not work. Sorry, but anyone trying something like this does not understand what a stock type is. It is a UNIQUE combination of

- availability group (which is a combination of plant and storage location)

- location independent stock type (and there are 4, not more)

- stock type role (which distinguishes between normal, custom blocked (controlled from GTS), and scrapping stock (which is from a SPM scenario).

There is no way and no valid scenario that the same combination of these entries has more then one stock type.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushboo

Yes you can, But consequences need to be checked while testing. results are truly on  business requirement.

But queue comes why there is a need, try to do other way. This may impact in multiple points of view.

Regards

Suraj

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Basically I didn't want system to putaway stock from different country of origin in same bin.So I thought if I create multiple stock types for each COO and assign that in my inbound delivery , I can do that. Because in storage type settings I have the option which can restrict from mixing different stock types in same bin/HU.

But you are right, I realized there were lot of impact in going with this solution and not all the requirements were getting fulfilled so I have dropped it now.

Just curious to know when you say multiple stock types can be linked to one availability group do you also mean for same stock type in ECC or different (like in example Alex mentioned above).If its for same ECC stock type, I would like to know how?

Regards,

Khushboo

0 Kudos

Hi! It's possible.

You can see example in test warehouse 0001

BR, Alex.

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Alex , I forgot to mention I need to map with same ECC stock type .

Regards,

Khushboo

0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes, you can. Use field "Stock type role".

BR, Alex.

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

NO.

What is the requirement?