cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Roles - RWB components access problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What roles/authorizations are requiered to access "Component Monitoring" & "Message Monitoring" components of Runtime workbench ?

I get the following error when click on these two.

<i>Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access (password change required).</i>

I do not have access to SLD though. How these components are related to SLD ?

-

I also get "404 Not found" error for Alert Configuration and Alert Inbox components of Runtime Workbench tool. What Roles/Authorizations are required to access these two.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mallik,

A normal user who can acess IR and ID can access both the RWB and component monitoring. If you are unable to enter please see this OSS notes:

768456 - Troubleshooting Runtime Workbench XI 3.0.

---Satish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis guy figured out that we are dealing with wrong XI server. Problem solved. Thank you all for your help though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Thank you for your promt helpful answers. Our basis guy is also NOT able to access these links and exchange profile. He is not familiar with XI administration. Not sure, if they followed XI Configuration guide properly for initial set up of XI server.

Notes recommended too many steps to trouble shoot RWB issues(Chapter 13 of config guide).

<i>

Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access (password change required).</i>

As per guru's recommendations, password of P1RWBUSER should be in sync both in ABAP stack and exchange profile(RWB parameters). We will check as soon as we are able to login to exchange profile. We are getting 403 error when basis guy try to access exchange profile.

Thank you,

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the password for your XIRWBUSER , and password try to enter in capital words

see the below link

HTTP* Errors /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Regards

Chilla

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

Roles required to access the RWB:

1. SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

2. SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

<i>Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access (password change required).</i>

This error appears when XIRWBUSER is locked.

To check if it is lock, go to su01 and the lock button status for this user will show whether the user id locked or not

Try unlocking XIRWBUSER user from su01

<i>Alert Configuration and Alert Inbox Authorization</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I also get "404 Not found" error for Alert Configuration and Alert Inbox components of Runtime Workbench tool

did you check question:

<b>13. The Link "alert configuration" from RWB is not working</b>

from XI FAQ PAGE?

for invalid pass question check out user: XIRWBUSER

in exchange profile and in SAP

if it has the same pass in both places

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>