cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Proxy in PI without ECC code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have proxy to SOAP scenarios Since SOAP connection is through 3rd party via SSL etc..we want tot test the connection ahead of time to avoid any business delay on go live..

To do this, we have moved our PI code ( ID, IR etc) to Prod. However ECC code cannot be moved till go live is approved.

How can we test the proxy to SOAP scenarios without having ECC code. I looked at the test tool but it ask for sender channel.

For Proxy there is no sender and looks like this tool works only on Java channels.

Please advice how can i test the scenarios of Proxy without having ECC code.

Thxs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Techie,

A silly thing to test your scenario if your PI has a dual stack, you can create the proxy in the ABAP stack of PI, you can generate the proxy as local object and before testing to delete it, what do you think?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion. I cannot create proxy in PI as that system is not open for development but will resort as last try.

While using the How to - Send blog,i am getting error in CC as

senderChannel 'f493e307a14739cc9eb399869fc30989': Catching exception calling messaging system.

I am ion 7.1 so not sure if that is applicable for 71 system

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should work fine  as long as you configured SOAP sender adapter with XI 3.0 protocol and your scenario is ICo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I am Little confused to putting the facts

(1) This is proxy to SOAP conventional scenarios not the  ICO ( has All IR & ID objects)

I have used the URL way ( normal) and getting error :

Additional error text from response: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.ConfigException: Unauthorized: J2EE AE rejected user. Reason: Principal propagation is not active and technical IS service user (PIISUSER) was not used, but user (ZXXXuser).

(2) For blog configuration, i have created SOAP sender with XI .30 and sender agreement.

When i use that in PI 7.1 i get the CC error as

senderChannel 'f493e307a14739cc9eb399869fc30989': Catching exception calling messaging system

Also get 500 error.

(3) I tried to create IC as per blog but that also gave same error. I tried with  sender payload.

Please advice if i am missing anything

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

I haven't tested it but in this note 1562641 - Unauthorized: J2EE AE rejected user is commented the change of one parameter in exchange profile

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in Prod and would not be able to install the note directly.. Alsoi tried creating Proxy in dev and PI does not allow proxy to be created on IS server ( PI)

Only option left is using the way it is done in blog.. I am getting error for that in CC and not sure if this functionality only available for IC's and not for conventional ..

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add, I wanted to test the connection from PI to 3rd party.. I can use SOAP client but that would be hosted on my machine.. We wanted to test something from PI machine ( we don't have access to install on PI machine).Any other suggestion is appreciated

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

I can use SOAP client but that would be hosted on my machine

I usually make a SOAP channel to test it. Later you can test it from runtime workbench or via WSnavigator.

I haven't a Pi right now, but are you sure if you set the in the RWB the sender parameters from the receiver determination it doesn't work?

What is your PI version?

Regards.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

If you are using PI Dual stack version, then you can test from RWB in PI system.

If you are using PI single stack version, then use a dummy sender soap(webservice) channel  in the ICO, using WSnavigator, you can test from PI system.

For testing using ws navigator, please refer the below blog by Raja shekar:

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Does the Proxy ( sender ) also works from RWB.

I was impression that you can only do java adapter. I am on 7.1 and looking for testing receiver SOAP ( Proxy to SOAP)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

With RWB you sending a request directly to the ABAP Engine, but i said before i usually don't take this alternative to test the proxies scenarios, i'm going to try tomorrow and to check this possibility.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advice if you were able to do this.. I have used another way suggested in the blog

However, I am getting error 'Error While Sending Message: 500 Internal Server Error'

Also there is no message in MONI or runtime..

In short i am testing proxy to SOAP without Proxy code in ECC

Thanks!

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you are sending the valid xml.

I assume the URL you are using is pointing to the dummy(soap sender with xi 3.0) channel and the interface details are actual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. The URL in RWB is

http://XX.xxx.xxx:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:SAP_CLNT_200:SOAP_SNDER

Also header info is as per interface that i want to test

In the ID, i have created SOAP sender channel and Sender agreement. I also tried with IC.

The XML is from ECC QA system which is coming to PI ( Sender XML)

When testing in RWB, i am getting Error While Sending Message: 500 Internal Server Error. In Adpater monitoring,

In Chanel  log for dummy channel i see error:

senderChannel 'f493e307a14739cc9eb399869fc30989': Catching exception calling messaging system

Thanks!

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

If  you are on PI 7.1, then you can just put your source payload in Integration Engine-->Test Message

Here, just give the sender details & login credentials as needed, and send the message.

After doing this, the message goes to the Receiver determination pipeline and the processing happens as usual.

Try this and let me know if you still facing any issue.

Regards

Vishnu

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>In the ID, i have created SOAP sender channel and Sender agreement. I also tried with IC.

If you are on dual stack then don't send the message from AE.

As other's suggested send it from component monitoring -> Integration engine -> test message.

The blog you were referring to is for Integrated Configurations not for classical scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys! I tried the normal way and getting error below

Additional error text from response: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.ConfigException: Unauthorized: J2EE AE rejected user. Reason: Principal propagation is not active and technical IS service user (PIISUSER) was not used, but user (ZXXXuser).

ZXXX we have created as copy of PIISUSER

It is worth mentioning that we are trying to move some new code to PI for which there is no ECC code yet. This is our running Prod box have already some code ( Proxy in ECC and PI cong) and that works fine..So in short when i send the data from ECC to PI it works.. Just the test tool is giving issues.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

Can you check the below blog by Karsten It might be useful in your case.

Check this and let us know if you still facing issues.

Regards

Vishnu

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.ConfigException: Unauthorized: J2EE AE rejected user. Reason: Principal propagation is not active an

Did you enable principal propagation? check your sender agreement. If so disable