Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC upgrade 5.3 to 10.1, retaining transactional data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently, we are migrating from SAP GRC 5.3 to 10.1.  However, since we are in the government, we have a requirement to retain the old transactional data from 5.3 system such as, historical CUP requests, Firefighter Log Reports, Session and System Log report for auditing purposes.  May I know what is the SAP best practice regarding this?  How are you going to cater for such requirements?  Is there a way to retain the said information without retaining the old 5.3 system?  I've been searching on migration documents but I can't find a thing regarding this.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Emerson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emerson,

I've used the Migration tool provided by SAP for migrating 5.3 to 10.0.  As I recall, it is possible to retain transactional data that you describe using that tool, but the tool is complicated and confusing, and you will probable make a dozen mistakes before using it properly.

Alternatively, you can just download and save all the transactional data that you need.  All of the info you mention above are exportable reports, so just save them to a network folder that Audit to review if needed.

Sorry for no specific details on the Migration tool, it's been a few years and my documents and notes aren't available to me anymore.

-Ken

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emerson,

I've used the Migration tool provided by SAP for migrating 5.3 to 10.0.  As I recall, it is possible to retain transactional data that you describe using that tool, but the tool is complicated and confusing, and you will probable make a dozen mistakes before using it properly.

Alternatively, you can just download and save all the transactional data that you need.  All of the info you mention above are exportable reports, so just save them to a network folder that Audit to review if needed.

Sorry for no specific details on the Migration tool, it's been a few years and my documents and notes aren't available to me anymore.

-Ken

0 Kudos

Thanks Ken for sharing your thoughts.  We are also looking at that same path.  I'm just looking if there's anything better because we want the migration to be seamless as much as possible while still retaining the flexibility on the reports.  If something else comes up, please do write it here.  Thank you again.

0 Kudos

Hi, Emerson.

Hope this message finds you well.

Just wanted to know if you could found something regarding GRC 5.3 transactional data.

I'm facing the same problem and the Migration Guide does not provide info about transactional data import and the 5.3 application will be shut down once the 10.1 go live in the project in which I'm working.

Do we need to continue with 5.3 as well as GRC 10.1 application for this data? Or do we have some other option to import in to GRC10?

Best regards,

Mario