Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Stock type to be put in seperate bins

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on a scenario where I want system to separate different types of stock type in different bins during putaway.

I have stock type F1 (availability group 001 for ROD),F2 (availability group 002 for AFS)

and M1 (availability group 001 for ROD) and M2 (availability group 002 for AFS).I want to maintain both M2 and F2 in same storage type but in different bins.

But from what I see one storage type is assigned to one availability group and thus can have only one stock type in it. Can anyone suggest me how can I achieve it?

One option I see is if I don't maintain any availability group in storage type and then change the stock type in inbound delivery to the one I want to. But I still haven't putaway it in my bin,if I change stock type in inbound delivery to F2/M2 its not correct.Is it possible to change stock type once I place stock in final bin ?

Regards,

Khushboo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo

You have mentioned same availability group for F1 & M1. I believe they refer to different non location specific stock types. ex:-  F1 AVG 0001 & Unrestricted , M1 AVG 0001 & Blocked. Please confirm.

In this case...your storage type should have AVG 0001 & mandatory check box. Also do NOT select check box "mix. stck types". This ensures multiple stock type of same AVG in storage type & no mixing of stock type at bin level.

Coming to question of AVG in storage type. My understanding is, it is not compulsory to maintain AVG & Mandatory check box in storage type config. It is only needed when you always want stock putaway to be converted to a certain AVG linked. Leaving AVG blank should allow mixed storage of stock belonging to different AVG, provided it is allowed in storage type config ( Mixed storage option & mix. stck types check box).

In above case if you want to restrict only certain stock types in a storage type...you can achieve it in storage type search sequence:- Put away, using stock type criteria.

Ex:- F1- AVG 001 & UR, F2- AVG 002 &UR, M2:- AVG 003 & UR. Requirement is F2, M2 should be putaway in 0001 & F1 in storage type 0002. With in 0001 storage type F2, M2 should NOT be putaway in same bin.

Hope it is clear Or i made more confusing ? Let me know.

Best Regards

Phani sai

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

I think there is some confusion.First let me give you background of the requirement-

F2 and M2 both will be unrestricted stock in warehouse,but from different country of origin.So I don't want to mix them in a bin.To clarify on a few more points-

1) F1 and M1 will have same same purpose - unrestricted stock in putaway

2) Coming to your point on Check box for Mix Stock Type ,as per SAP help-

Mixed Stock Types for the Same Product

Controls whether a product in a bin or HU is allowed to be of more than one
stock type. If the field is blank, different stock types are allowed. If it is
selected, the product or batch can only exist in one stock type.

As per this I have set the check box as it will make sure only one stock type exist in a bin/HU.(But what you tell me is right opposite,is there something I have misunderstood?)

3) I am clear that availability group is not mandatory in storage type settings and I can leave it blank.

I have already done so.

4) I know it is possible to segregate stock type in different storage types,my requirement is to be able to keep both M2 and F2 in same storage type but in different bins(no mixing in bins).Because they are from different country of origin.

As mentioned earlier I can go and change stock type in Inbound Delivery to F2 and M2 whenever I need.But it does not solve my purpose.Because I haven't yet created or confirmed task.I have a questions here-

a) Is it possible to change stock type "automatically"in some way while confirming final putaway Warehouse Task?

b) Is it possible to create different stock types without creating equal number of Availability group and storage locations ?

What is the other best way to achieve my requirement?

Regards,

Khushboo