cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup of serial prof MMSL/SDLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have four questions with regards to serial number setup and would appreciate your help.
Background: running in a SAP WM environment.

Scenario A:
We are required to input serial number during putaway in the warehouse, and further, we are also require to input serial number during goods issue dispatch out from the warehouse.

Question 1 for scenario A:
Does the following serial procedure setup fits the requirement?

MMSL   03 (serial usage) - compulsory
SDLS    03 (serial usage) – compulsory

Scenario B:
We are NOT required to input serial number during putaway in the warehouse, but it is an optional to enter serial number during goods issue dispatch out from warehouse.

Question 2 for scenario B:
Does the following serial procedure setup fits the requirement? What if a serial number is entered during outbound delivery, and may I know if this will become an issue during Goods Issue

MMSL   01 (serial usage) – Not require (none)
SDLS    02 (serial usage) – optional

Question 3:

The MMSL is a serial procedure used for goods receipt and goods issue. May I know what serial procedure is used for stock transfer and stock count?

Question 4:

The MMSL is a serial procedure used for goods receipt and goods issue, and the SDLS is used for outbound delivery. That means the following setup will be a conflict because if a serial is entered during outbound delivery, system will trigger error during PGI?

MMSL   01 (serial usage) – Not require (none)
SDLS    03 (serial usage) – compulsory

Regards,
Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First Thing - First SAP WM does not support serial number. Only way you can track them using batch management for such materials or storage unit management.

Serail Number possible to enter time to delivery and goods movements. Serial number entered in the Delivery will flow to your material document of PGI or PGR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

Please ignore the WM for a moment, i know there is no field in bin table to hold the serial.

But can you let me know my question for 1 to 4 from the perspective of serial number?

Thanks

Tuff

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Serial number in Goods Movements- MMSL is the procedure that you need to use.

For Deliveries you have to SDLS. I am not sure but I do not think MMSL and SDLS will conflict as serial numbers will flow from delivery documents to MM documents..

Note- PGI happen in the background for deliveries so I do not think it will have any impact

Answers (0)