cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Security warnings when using applets in MII 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have a quick fix to avoid java security warnings(in browser) when using applets in irpt pages in MII 15 SP3.

I know that its best to avoid usage of applets, but these are legacy applications which were migrated from MII 11.5 and will be there for some more time until it is re-written using new MII 15 features.

We believed that MII 15 would have signed JARs which will not cause any warning messages to appear. But after migration we still get the security warning message about UNKNOWN publisher.

JRE recommended by the MII 15 document is 1.6. But most of our user machines are having 1.7.xx +

-Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Please upgrade to latest JRE version.

And then follow these steps -

1. Open Control Panel --> Programs --> Java

2. Go to Security Tab

3. In the Exception Site List Section, Click on Edit Site List Button.

4. Add the SAP MII URL which consists of IP and port.

5. After Adding the URL, click on Add button you will get an exception, click on continue

6. After that Click OK.

7. Now try to access the MII application which are having applets. Only for the first time you will get the below pop-up. Check the Check-box.

8. From Next time on wards, you will not see the security pop-up neither when you're opening workbench nor running a MII application which consists of applets.

Versions used for testing above Scenario -

MII - 15.0 SP3 Patch 0

JRE - Version 8 Update 45

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there are any issues/concerns.

Regards,

Sai Vellanki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I already have the site name added to the exception list.

The problem is that I get the publisher name as UNKNOWN

In your test scenario, it shows valid publisher as SAP SE

-Nikhil

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Which JRE version are you using? I am not able to see as UNKNOWN publisher in security pop-up. This pop-up use to come for me, when I was using JRE Version 7 Update 45.

It works fine for me now, I am using latest JRE i.e., JRE Version 8 Update 45..

Regards,

Sai Vellanki.