cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields not available on UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have added 2 fields to the entity type 'BP_BKDTL' but these fields are not available to select in the UI.

Can anybody suggest what could be the reason.

Thanks,

Deepa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you add more details about what you did? Did you follow the appropriate how-to guide available here: . I can't recommend one since you didn't talk about what scenario you are implementing.

Any way, a first though: did you generate the structures after adding the fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Yes, I have generated the structures after adding the fields.

I guess these two steps are enough to make these fields available in UI.

But I am not able to see these fields.

Thanks,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, did you validate the fields actually exist in the structures after generating them? You can check in SE11.

Also, please follow the appropriate how-to guide and indicate which guide you used and which step you are at.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

The fields are available in generated structures. I can see them. But still not available in UI.

Thanks,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

To get the fields in UI you need to enhance bank related table which gets in UI feeder class,

below are our experience when we worked for bank entity,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31884

steps performed as of now,

• Added field under BP_BKDTL entity and activated
  • Generated data model specific structure
  • Append bank details table which is gets bank fields in UI feeder class and after appending this structure we can see new field in UI,

As per the document we need to do SMT mapping so when we tried to do SMT mapping we get below error,

We can able to get field under source structure but target structure we aren’t able to get,
Above error says that new field is not there in the below structure and we are not able to get field at the target structure,
someone asked us to append this structure but this structure category marked for cannot enhanced,
which fields your trying to add to bank entity these fields would be there in system with differnt name with same functionility so check,
Regards
Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

First of all I would like to confirm that when I have generated the structures after adding the fields to the entity type 'BP_BKDTL' I could see the entries in all the structures that you have mentioned. It wasn't required to append the fields into any of the structures manually.

I guess presence of the entries in these structures is enough to find them in the UI.

But still I am not able to see those fields in the UI.

Can you suggest what could be the reason for this behaviour

Thanks,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

We are not sure whether newly added fields automatically comes to the UI, but as per our observation what fields you see in UI for Bank that comes from Genil extension object “BP_Bankaccount” which you see in feeder class, so to get your fields in UI you need to add fields to these object,

I have attached the screen shots for reference,

For our scenario also we did the same and we got our new fields in UI but actuall bank Structure is not enhanceble as you can see in my old screen shots,

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your inputs.

I understood that if we need the bank details related fields in UI then these fields should be added under the object 'BP_BankAccount'.

But how can we  add these fields under 'BP_BankAccount'. I have no idea. Could you please help me? If I go in change mode, system is asking for Access Key. Is Access key required to add these fields under the object 'BP_BankAccount'.

Thanks,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

you need to append/add your field in genil extension attribute Structure

BSS_BPIL_BANK_ACCOUNT and also attached screen shot earlier refer that,

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank you so much for your inputs.

What about the SMT mapping? We do not have any target structure that holds these appended fields.

How this is handled in your case. Could you please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

target structure would be BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL and here new fields should be added but that structure is not enhanceble so check how to update fields in that structure.

in our case custom field we had added in the entity that field already was there in system with different name so we just renamed it in UIBBs,

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ajay for your help.

I will share the solution if I find any. Please kindly share the solution if anybody already have one.

Thanks,

Deepa