Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATTs: recording multiple transactions

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How can I record multiple transactions? I have tried simply switching to another transaction with /n, but that interrupted (ended) the recording (with nothing being recorded). I have tried opening it in a new session, but then only the first transaction got recorded.

I have done this in the past, I still have the eCATT that does this and it works, but I can't remember what I did to make it work. I don't recall doing anything special.

I'm not trying to send output parameters from the first transaction to be used as input parameters for the second transaction and so on (there are a dozen transactions). In fact I'm not using a test configuration at all. All parameters are constants. All search results on SCN, Google, help.sap.com and whereever for eCATTs and multiple transaction are only about this, tying multiple test scripts together with one test configuration - which is not what I'm trying to achieve.

3 REPLIES 3

pb3030
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

The option SAP GUI (Record) will allow you to record only one transaction per recording.

Alternatively you can use the option SAPGUI (Attach) which should allow you multiple transactions.

Regards,

PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Please follow the step :

1. After recording the first transaction, you will see screen somewhat similar to the attached image.

2. Put your cursor at the end of the highlighted portion i.e. recorded script and press Enter.

3. Now click on Pattern button and then again record another transaction.

In the similar manner, you can follow for the other transaction(s) if required.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Monika,

Yes you can record and replay multiple transactions in one script/recording with eCATT.

Your experiences so far might be using the TCD command in CATT or eCATT tool. There unfortunatelly only on transaction is possible for one TCD command.

It even requires to finish the complete processing within this transaction (including DB save if intended), so no splitting into multiple eCATT commands is possible. The transactional context needs to be identical with the commands context block due to the use of batch input technoloy.

So how can you have multiple transactions automated in one recording?

The key is: use "SAPGUI" command here!

You should use the command SAPGUI for that, leveraging the SAP Gui scripting technology as automation API. This will automate the GUI just like a user would operate it, where "/n[TCODE]" in OK-Code field is an valid option.

Kind regards

Jens