cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman Technical Monitoring configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm currently configuring Technical Monitoring (System Monitoring) in Solution Manager (Solman 7.1 SP12). I've done some configuration with a few metrics and I'm getting emails when the alerts are triggered. Now I have a few doubts that I want to clarify:

1. When an alert is triggered, an email is sent to the responsible person. Is it possible to also send an SMS? What do we require for this purpose? – SMS Server, etc??

2. What mobile application do I need to download for monitoring on mobile, for e.g on an Android Mobile?

3. I've read we can activate Dashboard on solman so that we can access for e.g the Technical Monitoring area. How can we do this? What are the prerequisites?

regards,

Suraj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. When an alert is triggered, an email is sent to the responsible person. Is it possible to also send an SMS? What do we require for this purpose? – SMS Server, etc??

Yes, you can do it. You need an SMS gateway subscription from some thrid party.

2. What mobile application do I need to download for monitoring on mobile, for e.g on an Android Mobile?

There is a system monitoring app available for iOS and Andriod.

Refer - SAP System Monitoring for iPhone and iPad (1.0.0) - Mobile Apps in SAP Solution Manager - SAP Librar...

3. I've read we can activate Dashboard on solman so that we can access for e.g the Technical Monitoring area. How can we do this? What are the prerequisites?

You can read a full section on this -

SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

thanks for the clarifications.

1. Ok

2. I have already seen these links. In fact, I had tried downloading to an Android mobile and it said it was not supported for my country. Maybe I'll try one for an iPad.

3. For dashboards, I've also seen the link but was getting an error 'No app for the dashboard could be created...'. I tried to add from the built-in apps like 'System Availability'. Do we need to create new apps (custom apps) as per our requirements? Any blog or documentation on this?

regards,

Suraj

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I have used this app for android as well.

SAP delivers an empty personal dashboard for you in which configure and add new Apps.

Creating and Editing Dashboards - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Divyanshu for the useful tips.

I'll close the discussion now.

regards,

Suraj

Answers (0)