cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM shopping cart splitting to several POs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I have a shopping cart with items ordered as consumable (charged to K acct assignment) and other line items ordered as direct material.
they all have the same plant and also assigned same delivery address (manually in delivery address tab)

however when it is ordered, they create two POs (autoPO). one containing direct materials line items and other other containing all those charged to K (DIEN type).

would appreciate if you can give hints why this is the behavior, we haven't done any development yet.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Split criteria in extended classic scenario can be checked in method SPLIT_PO_LOC_CMP_CRITERIA of class CL_BBP_SC_TRANSFER.
When you create a direct material item, item subtype will be "DP". For non direct material items, subtype is "EP".
Subtype is considered as split criteria when creating POs from shopping carts in extended classic scenario. For this reason you have two POs created from this cart.

Regards,
Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

thanks for your response. helpful one.
just a ff-up, may I know the business reason why that is SAP standard behavior splitting based on subtype? (direct vs expense)

meaning, if i don't split it, what would be the business implications. we're thinking of not splitting it.Thanks

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

From procurement point of view, there are some differences between DP and EP.
DP wouldn't require accounting data as well as plant address is considered as delivery address. Therefore, due to these particularities, both item types are not grouped.

You can try to overwrite this standard logic with BAdI BBP_GROUP_LOC_PO.
However this should be tested, I have never faced this scenario before.

Regards,
Ricardo

Answers (0)