cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 - no 'P'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently, I have an issue with my Personas installation where although everything seems green on the healthcheck, the Personas 'P' still does not come online. I have allocate the Personas/admin_role/ to myself and have gone through the configuration steps (aside from the last authorisation section with PFCG as I have no experience with that)

When I visit ADDRESS:PORT/sap/bc/personas?sap-client=300&sap-language=EN The gui loads nicely, but there is no Personas screen. Would anybody be able to have a look at the installation and see if that is the issue?

Screenshot below detail our installation (One screenshot thanks to Laura in the other topic!)

The snote shows that 2050325 has been loaded, but this is just advice for the notes that should be installed in addition to the ones listed. Am I right in assuming that if this 2050325  note was correctly followed then listed in snote would be notes 2048716 through to 2143927 ?

I have tried at length to find a solution to this issue by searching these forums but I have as of yet not found a topic that tackles my issue. I just need to rule out that the problem lies with our installation. Then I can focus on the authorisation.

Any ideas of suggestions would be most welcome.

cheers,

Angus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You currently need kernel 7.42 for Personas 3 support. It looks like you are still running 7.41.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Steve,

Many thanks for the ultra fast reply. Our basis team were convinced with the right notes, 7.41 would be sufficent. Pre and post installation Checklist - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

I will request that 7.42 is installed ASAP and fingers crossed it works.

Thanks again,

Angus

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you implemented the notes listed in 2050325 i recommend you to update to the latest kernel patch level which should be 121 by now. Otherwise you might get problems with the editor as i experience right now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the tips, managed to add the 27 notes to the system and upgrade the kernel to 7.42. Currently, the system is now dumping whenever I try and run a personas transaction. My username is assigned with the role personas admin as stated in the configuration.

Again the only thing that is lacking is the /pers/aobj have you implemented this in your solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dumping isn't good. What sort of dump? (Just the initial section, not the whole thing:-)

The roles that are delivered in the Personas 3 add-on do not have the corresponding profiles generated. If you haven't done that, you'll need to go into PFCG for each of the roles and generate the profiles before they'll work. I wouldn't expect that to cause shortdumps, though.

Steve.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It is likely that the dumps are caused by some note or notes not being implemented correctly. It is very important to follow everything to the letter in these notes and it is common that a pre-or post-installation step is forgotten. In the case of some notes this may cause such a problem.

The authorization object /PERS/AOBJ is not relevant for Personas 3.0 (if I remember correctly, it belongs to the Personas 2.0 HTML component). Everything Personas 3.0-related is in the namespace /PERSONAS/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tamas,

Thanks for your reply. With the dumps, that is exactly what I feared, as the system was allowing me to run the healthcheck etc from the personas admin transaction. The Basis admin also said it was working fine until he installed the last two notes. I will sit down with one of the GRC guys tomorrow and have a little look at the authorisation.

The dump itself points to some 666 code, which I think is authorisation based. I want to fix the authorisation profiles tomorrow. ( I don't know how to create them on pfcg)

I am really hoping that once the authorisation is properly done then the system will run.(the last section of the configuration guide is little vague)

Was a long day, with the debugger and going through notes trying to figure out what is going wrong. There are three dumps in all, one from the admin transaction, one from the flavour and the other I will remember when I read the log tomorrow.

This error looks like a poorly implemented note though? syntax error....

Thanks for all the replies, I will try and put some a bit more concrete tomorrow when I am in the office. Fingers crossed that a lot of it is solvedwith the authorisation done with the profiles Steve suggested,

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Angus,

though the configuration guide states something different, personas 3.0 comes with three authorization objects as you can see here:

To generate the profiles, just go to transaction pfcg, enter the role name (/personas/admin_role e.g.), hit the "Edit"-button. On tab "authorizations" you can generate the profiles.

Syntax error really seems to be an implementation problem. I didn't experience any errors since kernel is on 7.42 pl 121, authorization profile is generated and the latest sap notes are implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Short update. The system isn't dumping anymore, seems there was something that had to be manually edited with the notes.

The authorization has hopefully been addressed, 3 profiles were created admin_role consumer and flavour manager. All 3 have been assigned to me. in su01 I have the 3 roles assigned but when I check within Personas role assignment, I only have flavour manage / consume which is a little strange.

Importantly, the blue 'P' is now viewable. Unfortunately when I click on the 'P' the loading circle appears and then the browser freezes.

Any tips on this would be fantastic.

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Had the same issue, please check your kernel version. When you logged into sap gui, go to system -> status and klick on kernel info for the actual patchlevel:

If it's lower than 118, see here where to find the necessary patch:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Fantastic info, I have already forwarded it onto Basis who will update the Kernel patch level. Fingers crossed this will be the last error and thank you so much for replying, saving me a ton of stress!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Personas runs!!!

Solution (For anybody who wants to avoid my problems)

Ensure that the Kernel is 7.42 and that the Kernel patch level is > 118 (The Kernel patch level is 101 after installing the 7.42 kernel, you will have to look for the Kernel dispatcher and the work package and update that. This brings the level (at the time of writing to 121)

Check topic

In addition to the Basis files, you must ensure that you install the notes (27!) these are essential to the function of Personas. Pay particular attention to the 2050325 note as isn't a technical note, but actually a guide to what notes to install and in what order. The notes take a lot of work be sure to have the correct Basis files installed and pay close attention to the note contents and follow them.

Check topic Pre and post installation Checklist - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

Once you have the correct files and the notes, you also need to implement the authorization mentioned in the comments above. Although Personas has default roles, you need to create profile and generate them for the system to display Personas.

Thank you Steve, Tamas and Christoph for taking the time to help me, it was very much appreciated. I will try and hang around the forums more often and repay the debt by helping others. If I meet you guys at any of the events, I owe you all a few beers!

Thanks again lads,

Angus

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A few days after Personas 3.0 becomes generally available (scheduled for the end of this month), the first support package will also be released which makes installation much easier since it combines all notes and improvements that have been released during the product's ramp-up phase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that service pack 1 for Personas 3 makes installation a whole lot easier. If you are considering installing Personas 3 on the day it is released, don't. Wait a few days for SP1 to arrive. You'll be saving yourself a whole lot of work, and possibly a whole lot of frustration.

Stev.

Answers (0)