cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to extend material ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all...

Please let me know how to extend a material if the material and customer sales organization is matching and their distribution channel is not matching....

I need to convert material distribution channel to customer distribution channel.

Please let me know how to do this..if there is coding for it .please send to me.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai manu,

i hope this will solve your problem.

for example customer no.01 created with sales area like 1000(s org),v1(dc),v2(dv).

material no m1created with sales area like 1000(s org),v0(dc),v1(div).in this senario you want to extend the material dc to customer dc.for this you can follow these steps.

mm01and enter the material no m1(which u created earlier)

in organisational levels change the dc as v1(previously it was v0)

select continue

then system will take u directly to sales org screen of material.

you will get the message also saying that material has been extended.

so,material m1 is extended with dc v1.now customer and mm dc is same.

if any thing is wrong pls let me know.

regards

masthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Go to transaction MM50.

And enter the material and execute. You will see the list of views to be extended.

You can select the view for the material for the Plant and exter the details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Augustine Ponraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Let's illustrate yourrequirement with an example as under:

Say there is one sales organizaion - 1000, 2 distibtion channel - (10 & 20) & 1 division (10). With this combination I have 2 Sales Area: 1000/10/10 &1000/20/20. Say we have Company Code 1000.

Material Master:

Material Master can be extended to a combination of Sales Organization & Distribution Channel. Material cannot be extended to Division, as material forms apart of the Division. Suppose, I have alreadey created Material XXXXX for combination of Sales Org. 1000 & Distribution Channel 10. Now I have an requirement of material in combination Sales Org. 1000 & Distribution Channel 20.

Through Transaction Code MM01, we can extend an material. In Transaction Code MM01 enter material as XXXXX & reference Material as XXXXX & enter. Most of the fields will be copied from Material Master maintained earlier. Now Maintain & modifiy relevant fields & save the Material. Material Master is extended.

Customer Master:

Cuatomer Master can be extended to a combination of Sales Organization, Distribution Channel & Division. Suppose, I have alreadey created Customer XXXXX for combination of Sales Org. 1000, Distribution Channel 10 & Division 10. Now I have an requirement of material in combination Sales Org. 1000, Distribution Channel 20 & Division 10. Through Transaction Code XD01, we can extend an material. In Transaction Code XD01, Select Account Group, say Sold to Party (0001), enter Customer as XXXXX, Company Code 1000, Sales Organization 1000, Distribution Channel 10, Division 10 & in reference enter Customer as XXXXX, Company Code 1000, Sales Organization 1000, Distribution Channel 20, Division 10 . Most of the fields will be copied from Customer Master maintained earlier. Now Maintain & modifiy relevant fields & save the Customer Master. Customer Master is extended.

Hope this clarifies your doudts.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure the sales org + Dist. channel combinations are done to the plant where the material is available.

You can just extend the material by going to MM01 and copy with reference where its available.

Pl . reward if it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

thanks for reply..but i couldn't get u clearly. Please explain me stepwise how i can do it.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

trying to tell that, if you want use a material then that sales org and distribution channel combination should be assigned to the plant where the material is available.

And to extend the material to the new distribution channel, go to MM01 and give the required details but copy from where its already available ie. create material with reference to.

But just change the distribution channel for the new one. anyways it only the sales org data which has distribution channel. rest its all the same.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore