Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG3Z pb with uploading a .txt file in ASCII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to upload a .txt file with CG3Z and I need to use de ASCII transfer format.

But I have this message : '' File cannot be uploaded with transfer format 'ASC' "

However, the transfer format 'ASC' works with a .EXP file, but it doesn't work with a .TXT file.

Do you have an idea why a .TXT file can't be uploaded in 'ASC' ?

Thanks for your help,

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had the same problem.

I managed to run the transaction with the mode ASC - ASCII by removing some of exotics characters of the input text file.

In my case i removed the '%' character.

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had the same problem.

I managed to run the transaction with the mode ASC - ASCII by removing some of exotics characters of the input text file.

In my case i removed the '%' character.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, my file had some characters that were no accepted anymore.

They were not exotics characters, but because the file was generated via an Excel macro, it seems to block.

Before the upgrade to HANA - EHP7-SP7 , there was no problem => the characters were accepted. But since the upgrade, it didn't work anymore => this is a regression.

In the end, I had to change the macro in order to be able to upload the file with ''ASC'' mode in SAP.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message was generated by note  1563857 - Runtime error CONVT_CODEPAGE

CX_SY_CONVERSION_CODEPAGE. This note prevented runtime error CONVT_CODEPAGE.

"character set conversion is not possible" some exotic characters related to unicode/page code?

Regards,

Raymond