cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check writeability of buffers finished with return code 0

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to this place and I'm sorry if I'm posting a question that has already been answered, but I wasn't able to find the appropriate answer.

I'm trying to release a request from D12 to Q23 and P34. Recently, I've been having problems releasing rq automatically from D12 to P34, but then I do it manually and everything works fine.

The problem I'm having now is that I can't release a request from D12. It just says "check wrietability of buffers finished with return code 0" and it takes forever and never stops, so eventually I have to force stop sap process from task manager on my computer in order to stop SAP. I've checked every lof file I was able to find and everything seems to be working fine. Froom what I know, return code 0 means that buffers are ready to be written into, but the release isn't happening.

Can someone please try to help me to find a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CharlesChen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dunja,

First of all, you need to make sure no space issues in file system and DB tablespace.

If there is no space issue, please check the KBA 1887295 and see whether it can help.

Best regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your help. Actually, I didn't know what else to do so I restarted all of my SAP servers and after that everything started working just fine. I don't know what caused the glitch and I hope it won't happen again

Best regards,

Dunja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I apologize to answer this question very late but it's the only one mentioning clearly the progression popup hanging with text "1% CHECK WRITEABILITY OF BUFFERS finished with return code 0" while releasing a transport request.

I had this issue right now and the solution was to start the job RDDIMPDP which was not scheduled. Do it as explained by note 1541076 - Preliminary checks and troubleshooting for transport issues:

• Start program RDDNEWPP (the program to start the job RDDIMPDP)

The export of your transport request should then terminate.

PS: maybe restarting the SAP server reschedules this job too.