Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error when importing file in WS IChannelAdmin to STOP channels

ankit_mishra09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to Stop multiple channels, which can be done through some automation. The channels are specific, for example I want to STOP 10 out of 25 running channels. I tried IChannelAdmin to do it & tried to import a file containing the names of the channels to be stopped but got the below error:

"java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.helpers.CharArray.getString(com.sap.engine.lib.xml.util.SymbolTable) of a null object loaded from field com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.tokenizer.XMLTokenReaderImpl.uri of an object loaded from local variable 'this'"

Q1. May i know what type of file we can import here? I tried XML, CSV, XLS, even TXT, but it didn't work. Got the same error.

Also, the time is not consistent else i would have gone with ATP. But that's not possible in this case.

Q2. Can we have a scenario in which a file is uploaded containing the channel names to be stopped or started & that does our whole work without manual starting & stopping?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankit_mishra09
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a FCC to SOAP scenario for my second query & it works perfectly fine now. Thread closed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ankit_mishra09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got the answer to the question I had raised about the file format & the content for the same. The file would be of XML format with the content as shown below:

For starting multiple channels:

<startChannels>

<channel name='Channel1' service='Service1' party='Party1/Blank'></channel>

<channel name='Channel2' service='Service2' party='Party2/Blank'></channel>

<language>EN</language>

</startChannels>

For stopping multiple channels:

<stopChannels>

<channel name='Channel1' service='Service1' party='Party1/Blank'></channel>

<channel name='Channel2' service='Service2' party='Party2/Blank'></channel>

<language>EN</language>

</stopChannels>

Kindly note that the Control Data for the channels mentioned in the file should be External. Refer attached screenshot below: