cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta hierarchy replication in MDG 7 FP02 with IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per below SAP note it is possible to replicate delta in IDOC also for MDG7 FP02

1724022 - Delta vs. full hierarchy distribution of MDG for
Financials

So I assigned outbound parameter SEND_DELTA_INFO with value Y to outbound implementation 1132 for Profit Center hierarchy.

Then inserted newly created PCTR in hierarchy structure and when it replicates in target system data replication happens in full no delta distribution happens.

As per SLG1 log it says

For delta distribution, a From-edition must exist from which a data set has already been successfully distributed in an earlier step.

1. Does this mean we can only do detla distribution in case of existing hierarchy structure which is previously replicated in target system?
  2. Also it seems that PCTR description replicated correctly in case of Immediage replicate on approval of change request but it appaears as No Valid Master Data exists in case of manual replication by Replication Model or replication per replication objects. Any idea why this type of behaviour?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

I believe you are using idoc based replciation. Then check out the following section in note 1724022 - Delta vs. full hierarchy distribution of MDG for
Financials

It is not possible to send delta information while using idoc based replication for hierarchies.

Regarding the description issue , it is a bug.We had a similar issue with Cost centre and it was resolved by impementing note 2152609-Missing iDoc segment E1COGVT with cost center texts in case. Please raise a OSS for your issue with Profit centre

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Thanks but do you have any SAP confirmation saying that it is BUG and delta replication is not possible in MDG7 FP02 with idoc.Also do you have any idea about point 2

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

Request you to go through my earlier response again. The bug I was referring to was related to point 2(Descriptions issue).

The first point(delta replication) is not a bug. It is as designed. Please see the screen shot provided by me in my previous reply for detailed information.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

You are saying

It is not possible to send delta information while using idoc based replication for hierarchies.

But note says it is possible in MDG7 FP02

So release of any change request within such edition will trigger replication of

changes made by the released change request and if there was any kind of

hierarchy structure change made then full replication of such hierarchy

structure takes place (except of MDG 7.0 as described above, since this release

the delta flag is fully respected and delta replication takes place always when

required).

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

Please read through the note again carefully , especially the part highlighted by me in the screen shot in my previous reply.

It says

"

IDoc vs. Service (XML) delta replication

If you use iDoc replication then the 'delta' settings are not considered at all because iDoc is not capable to carry only differences when generated from MDGF. iDoc replication always replicated complete data. This is related to hierarchy and master data replication.

If single hierarchy edge move is performed (one profit center is moved to another group for

instance) then the replication of whole hierarchy takes place when you replicate via iDoc. If you change for instance one text of a profit center then all data related to changed profit center would be replicated. iDoc will basically always contain complete information like it would attempt to create master data in the target system.

This kind of functionality is unfortunately necessary because the MDGF has no control of inbound processing so it cannot enhance the processing with delta processing like it does in case of 'service' replication.

So irrespective of the release , delta replication is not supported if you are using idoc based replication for replication of hierarchies. If you want delta replication , use service based replication.

Regards,
Raghu

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Its not possible to send delta info using IDOC even i MDG7.0...Whaever Raghu says is correct.

Kiran