Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - Field already in use

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I am creating an LSMW for TCode FBB1 (entering some transactions in group currency only to correct some foreign currency rate related errors). The problem I am facing is when I go to step 3 (Maintain Source Fields) and try to complete this step, it gives me errors for those fields which are repeating

for example (Name 'NEWBS' already in use. Choose another name). This is so because I have some fields like Posting Keys, GL account and Amount on the debit side as well as the credit side and it is marking the credit side items as "already in use" because these are also appearing on the debit side.

Can I get some guidance on how to deal with this issue. I explored SCN before posting this question and some people have suggested to change the field name. I want to know exactly in which step I should change the field name appearing for the second time and how.

Any comments/ suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Moazzam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mubarak,

Use standard program RFBLBI00 for this LSMW.

Create two separate structures in step 2 -  maintain source structures. One for header and one for line items. In Step 3, Specify source fields for both the structures. Maintain structure relationship - BBKPF for header and BBSEG for Line item structure. Go Ahead with rest of the steps accordingly.

Thanks,

former_member198032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the following two sap notes:

174413 Customer-specific fields in new single-screen trans
1305   Runtime error CONVERT_NO_NUMBER, CONVT_NO_NUMBER

Regards,

Cristiano

kabil_g
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam Mubarak,

If you are using number Or Qty like tat  fields to update your   .....

1 & 3rd step  Change the data type as character  and do auto field mapping in 5th step and

for asset master creation i have changed the amount field as character,,,,,,,,,,

also pls remove all comma's or dot in your text file........... and try

Regards,

Kabil

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot repeat same name for source field. Give a different name to the credit side posting key and other relevant master data. As name of tje step suggest it is source field, if you repeat the name than you cannot pass two different value in upload file. I will advice you to go through below wiki link Ravi has nicely explained the same:-

Regards,

Anand Raichura

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

Thanks for your response. I have already read this really nice document from Ravi but it is on LSMW for master data wherein there were no repeated fields whereas in my case it is an FI document wherein fields like posting key, GL account and amount are repeating. I am looking for clearly written steps/ procedure using which I could create LSMW for uploading FI documents.

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logic/steps remain same whether it is master data or transactional data. Please use different source field name for the repeated fields.

Regards,

Anand Raichura

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

I worked out the steps somehow. Now I am at the second last step (Display Converted Data). Here the only problem I see is all fields which I'm not populating have slash (/) filled in these. Can anybody tell me the reason for this. To clarify, these are all fields which are available on the screen but not part of my LSMW at all.

Thanks

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please move ahead and execute next step 'Create Batch Input Session'. Kindly complete your test, '/' sign is updated by SAP when there is a no-data in BDC conversion load.

I am requesting to complete test assuming you are doing it in non-productive client. As a best practice you should first test data load in non-productive client.

Regards,

Anand Raichura

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mubarak,

In converted data system shows like that. It is a standard behaviour. Once you create batch input session and run it, then the data will update without any '/'.

Regards,

Mukthar

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand and Mukhtar

Thanks for your responses. Yes I am creating this LSMW in test environment. I also thought that '/' would be ignored when I actually execute the last step. But when I execute the last step which is "Start Direct Input Program" it is returning ABAP Programming Error CONVT_NO_NUMBER and in short test it says "Unable to interpret "/" as a number." How can I get rid of this.

Thanks for your help

Moazzam

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Please have a look at SAP note 1567005 - Short Dump - Unable to interpret "/" as a number.

Regards,

Anand Raichura

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand and Mukhtar

I read that SAP note but that field is already updated as recommended by SAP. I am wondering if there's any mistake on my part in creating LSMW as I created LSMW for an FI document for the first time.

Can I get a link or a document on creating LSMW for an FI document (any TCode) wherein it shows how to deal with repeated fields in the recording (i.e. same fields on the debit and credit side). That would be a great help.

Thanks