Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC EAM "Transactional log and session detail" not giving any data

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I found thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3699768 from back in February and looked at the note mentioned. I tried it, but it doesn't fix the problem. I've got user IDs in table GRACROLEUSAGE but ---?--- in table GRACACTUSAGE. I tried giving my RFC user on GRC the auth mentioned in the attached thread, but I'm still not getting good user IDs. Do I need to give access also on the backend systems?

Is there anything else I should try to GRC 10.1 SP09? I'm about to check on SAP Marketplace, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks!

Krysta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krysta,

The Firefighter log information is entirely dependent on the level of logging that is enabled in your target ERP system.  Ask your Basis team what logging is taking place.  If there is no logging turned on, you will not get any info in the FF Log.

Hope this helps!

-Ken

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ken,

Well, I've got 5.3 running as well, and I'm getting FF log detail there. I assume 10.1 uses the same backend logs as 5.3, yes?

Thanks!

Krysta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not certain whether 5.3 and 10.0 pull the same table info, but it is a good sign that it is working in 5.3.  I do not think logging is your issue.  So here's what you should check:

• The GRC RFC account does not need to exist in the GRC system itself.  It does, however, need auth in the target ERP system.  Refer to the "Post Installation" documentation for GRC 10.0/10.1
  • Verify all Post Installation activities were performed.  Important:  These activities DO NOT transport properly and need to be performed manually in each GRC system (Dev, QA, Prod) independently
  • Check your Integration Scenarios and system connector/LG mappings in SPRO
  • Make sure program GRAC_REPOSITORY_OBJECT_SYNC is running daily and successfully (perform FULL sync first, then Incremental is fine thereafter)
  • Make sure program GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE is executing periodically and successfully - this collects all the activity info from the target system

Let me know if any of these help.  Also, are you reviewing logs in workflow or through the standard report in NWBC?  If the latter, first try to open the "Consolidated Log Report" and at the top click the button "Update Firefighter Log" button - this pulls in the activity data similar to how the regular Firefighter Log collection job does (GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE)

-Ken

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked for auths for the GRC user in all the documentation I could find, but I didn't see anything specific. I tried giving the user SAP_ALL in one backend to see if that would help, but it didn't.

We've done all the post installation steps. Our connectors are mapped correctly. I would expect other things to be falling over if they weren't.

I've got the jobs running, and they are completing successfully. I also tried the update firefighter log in the consolidated log report. And I'm still getting no session details.

I'm also still seeing bogus user IDs in table GRACACTUSAGE. The user IDs are all --?--. Table GRACROLEUSAGE shows actual user IDs, though. The note I mentioned above seemed to be related to this, but the auth it suggested didn't resolve the issue.

I think I'll have to put an incident in with SAP. Ugh! GRC support used to be stellar, but it's been pretty dire lately.

Krysta

0 Kudos

Dear Krysta,

Please assign the authorization S_TOOLS_EX to your RFC user in the target connector,

Kind Regards,

Rafael Guimbala

AGS Primary Support,

SAP Active Global Support

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krysta,

• Check if there is any difference in the time zone

• Also, Make sure the following authorization objects are added and authorized for the RFC user in the back end (S_ADMI_FCD and S_TOOLS_EX).

Regards,

Deepak M

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rafael (and Deepak)!

It didn't work the first time I tried it. But I guess the system heard SAP was looking at it and started acting right.

Thanks,

Krysta

Answers (0)