cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enquire prerequisites installation in solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have doing the prerequisites check before install solution manager. For first red message, could you advice if I need to install the environment variable in local policy or group policy? For second and third message, is that need to re-install window version? Do I need change host name?

My system environment:

Windows Server 2012 Standard

Installed Oracle 11.2.0.3

Rdgs,
Emily

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

1 - CPIC_MAX_CONV must be set locally in the server where you are installing Solution Manager and for the user being used for the installation (<sid>adm)

2 - In regards to the windows version, the messages are showing old update dates, this makes me think you are using old installation packages. Which version of packages are you using to perform this install??

3 - Hostnames must be 13 character long maximum and your host currently is using 14 characters, so, yes, you'll need to rename it.

Also, you mentioned that you are using Oracle 11.2.0.3 which is going to have its support ended by jan 2016. I would recommend you to go to Oracle 12g or at least to 11.2.0.4 to guarantee a longer support lifecycle.

In time, I'm assuming that you are installing everything as 64bits and Unicode, right?

Regards,

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valdecir,

Thanks for your advice. Could you advice more on the following?

1. Could you advice which path to define local policy for CPIC_MAX_CONV? It didn't mention in Note: 901042

2. Is that means SAP solution manager version can't recognize my window server 2012?

And also I have installed 64bits and Unicode. Any issue on it?

Rdgs,
Emily

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

1 - Go to computer properties -> advanced -> environment variables

2 - You need to donwload up-to-date installation packages (including SUM) so you'll be able to install over Windows 2012 server

Regards

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valdecir,

Thanks for your advice, for the question 2. Do you means I need download "Software Provisioning MGR"? My version is 1.0 SP02 which is from SAP DVD 2013.

Rdgs,
Emily

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Yes, you need to. SWPM is now SP08 which includes supportability to newer platforms, which is your case.

This recommendation is valid in all installation scenarios: always use the most up-to-date SWPM.

Regards

Valdecir

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I forgot to put the link for the SWPM:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valdecir,

I have downloaded Software Provisioning Mgr 1.0 SP08, and also got SWPM SP08. Now I'm installing solution manager and find the following there are issue for installation drive. Could you advice if the installation drive should be in "/sapmnt" or not? I'm thinking the oracle_home should not be in c drive.

Rdgs,
Emily

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

SAPinst(SWPM) automatically creates many directories during the installation:

\usr\sap  is a directory is created on the -

Global host, and shared with the network share sapmnt

Regardsm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Divyanshu,

Thanks for your advice. I have continuous to install, it prompt oracle server not installed. But my oracle server has already install finished. Could you advice?

Rdgs,
Emily

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

1st Crosscheck the installation guide on what you are missing and the installation note, what script you have used.

.1915302 - Database Software 12.1.0.2 Installation on Windows

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001402092012E

Let us know if you have followed all correctly.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Divyanshu,

I have checking those installation guide, but seems can't find out the problem. Could I send my screen capture steps for your reference?

Rdgs,

Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have carried out the installation again as expected as we noticed in the Installation Guide,

(section 5.2.2.1 Installing the Oracle 12c Server Software)

"It is recommended to use the PowerShell script sapserver.ps1..."

"For support reasons, do not use the setup.exe file in the directory <media_DRIVE>:\database\. Using sapserver.ps1 guarantees a unique setup of the ORACLE_HOME that is common to SAP systems."

Most probably we encountered the captioned error as we executed "setup.exe" instead. We will update the result of installation sooner later. Thanks

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

I was on vacation, did you manage to complete your installation?

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could also follow SAP Note  314530 - Number of RFC/CPIC connections for external clients

to set parameter CPIC_MAX_CONV.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rana,

But sapnote 314530 didn't mention the setting of environment variable: CPIC_MAX_CONV. Actually it's got two type of policy setting in environment variable of server 2012. Could you advice if it's need to set in local or group policy?

Rdgs,
Emily

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could set it for local policy,if not on DC.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

For first red message, could you advice if I need to install the environment variable in local policy or group policy?

For the first message you could follow solution from SAP Note   901042 - SAP NetWeaver PI Installation Requisites , 1869152 - CPIC: increase of CPIC_MAX_CONV default to 200 & set the recommended parameter cpic_max_conv .

For second and third message, is that need to re-install window version?

For second option i would suggest you to follow SAP PAM at Product Availability Matrix | SAP Support Portal

Do I need change host name?

Yes you need to change it by following SAP Note 611361 - Hostnames of SAP servers

Also recommend you to increase swap space of your system for a successful installations.

Regards,