cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHD0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue with a VA01 / VA02 transaction variant to grey-out the Billing Block field for document type "CR".  When a user runs VA01 for order type "DR"; then green arrows back to the VA01 initial screen, changes the order type to "CR", the Billing Block field is no longer grey-out. The work-around is to /N before changing from a DR to CR.

In my SHD0 definition, the Billing Block screen variants are 4303, 4415 and 4440. The Transaction Variant name is assigned to the "Standard Variant" tab and activated. Next, "NO_VARIANT"  is assigned in the CR document definition in VOV8

OSS guidance is to rebuild the transaction variant and to not assign the transaction variant in the standard variant tab. Also, to replace the NO_VARIANT with the Transaction Variant name in VOV8. My question with the OSS guidance is the CR document requires a variant for VA01 and VA02.

I reviewed some SAP Community SHD0 blog entries, which are similar to the method used in creating my VA01 / VA02 variant. The blog entries read to assign the transaction variant to the "Standard Variant" tab. Then to assigned to the Transaction Variant to the document type in VOV8. The main difference is the blog discussions covers a single transaction variant per document type. whereas my CR definition requires two transaction variants . 

How do I set-up my VOV8 definition when there is a  transaction variant for both VA01 and VA02?

Thank you,

George C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not a blog, it's a discussion.

I've just checked VA01 and VA02, in both transactions when you hit F1 for the billing block field it shows the same program and screen number - SAPMV45A 4440. You don't need two variants, just one.

I don't remember the step 'assign the Transaction Variant in the Standard Variants tab', but it's been over 10 years since I had to do this last time. From what I recall, I just created variant in SHD0 and assigned it to the document type, that's all.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am sorry for the delay in replying.

You are correct in only the VA01 transaction variant is required.

I used SHD0 to delete the production VA01 and VA02 variants.

Next, I created the new VA01 Transaction variant to grey-out the Billing Block field in screens
4303, 4415 and 4440. Then, I assigned the new variant to order type CR in VOV8.

I am no longer experiencing the VA01 condition, for order type CR, where Billing
Block becomes a selectable field, when switching from order type DR to CR.

This thread is resolved.

Thank you,

George C.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As rightly said by Jelena we always create transaction variant and assign that to document type in VOV8. This variant will be applicable for VA01 VA02 both Tcodes. We can't have two variants separately for VA01 and VA02. At least I didnt see this functionality. If you find this do let us know.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

MoazzaM

The current VA01 & VA02 transaction variant set-up does work. The Billing Block field is grey-out in VA01 and VA02 for credit memo request. The exception being when the user first enters order type
DR into VA01, then green arrows back, changes to CR.

Thank you,

George C.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check that have you maintained variant with value or not? I have doubts that you have saved CR as default value or with value when you create variant.

Thank$

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I might be not the only one unable to understand the question (non-descriptive subject is not helping either).

The procedure in the blogs is correct - you create transaction variant (just one) and then assign it to the document type. Why do you require two transaction variants? I don't get it... If you assigned the variant to the document type and then it's not applied when users switch the document type it would appear to be a bug in SAP...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena

Sorry, this is my first blog posting. I will keep in mind to make the title more descriptive.

There are two transaction variants. One is to grey-out the Billing Block field for VA01. The second is to grey-out the Billing Block field for VA02.

My question is to clarify the inconsistencies between the instructions in SAP’s response to my OSS note and some of the instructions I read in community blog postings.

OSS responded that my current transaction variant is incorrect and to delete/recreate it.

OSS SHD0 instructions include :

1)  do not assign the Transaction Variant in the Standard Variants tab 

2) change my VOV8 definition from NO_VARIANT to the Transaction Variant name.

Community Blog SHD0 postings include:

1) Assign the Transaction Variant to the Standard Variant tab and activate it.

2) Some blogs read to use NO_VARIANT in VOV8; Others read to use the Transaction Variant name.

Thank you,

George C.