cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call PI from XI-Proxy for mapping only (synchronous)

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I'm currently facing the following scenario which I'm not able to find an elegant solution for:

1. Synchronous XI-proxy in the SAP Backend
  2. ABAP call of proxy with input parameters as request
  3. Process mapping for these values in PI
  4. Route result of mapping back as response to the proxy

Is that in any way possible?

In that scenario, we want to call PI as a mapping service only. There is no other receiving system involved.

Perhaps, there are additional steps needed between 3 and 4 (I thought in the direction of a sync-async bridge but I can't find a solution without creating another XI-proxy that does inbound message = outbound message).

Is there perhaps a way to define a dummy receiver and dummy communication channel with a bean, that just routes the data back to the messaging system so that the response mapping is triggered?

Any help and ideas are very appreciated!

System is PI 7.4

Thanks,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just for curiosity:

Why do you want to use mapping, what is the advantage in your scenario?

Wouldn't it be much easier and faster to do the programming in ABAP only?

I don't zhink that there is an easy solution for this.

You could create a receiver proxy which sends exactly the same data back, which were received.

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Justified question. We're using external XSL mappings with very specific mapping-logic and transformation in the described and other scenarios. Since we don't want to re-implement parts of that logic in ABAP but re-use the transformations, I'm searching for a way to just run through the mappings in PI and route the results back to the proxy.

About your idea: Yes, that's what I thought, too. It's not a nice solution but will surely work.

I'm wondering, if BPM would help?