cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SITSPMON from background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution that enables me to invalidate the template cache of the integrated ITS through a background job. Normally, this is done through program SITSPMON, third tab, one of the buttons.

I've isolated method CL_ITSP_UTIL=>PUBLISH_TEMPLATE that invalidates the cache. I've put the call for this method in a program. When I run this in dialog, the cache is indeed invalidated (can be seen in SITSPMON again). When I schedule the program to run in the background however, nothing happens. Can somebody explain this? Thanks in advance.

Greets, Wilbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wilbert,

first question: Why do you want to do so? Usually the template cache is invalidated

when someone publishes a template. Doesn't this work?

May be calling the function module 'iac_invalidate_ppts' which calls the fm

'SITSP_PUBLISH' on every server of the system might help.

best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

I'd like to be able to schedule the invalidation of the ITS template cache every night, so we can get rid of a memory problem we're currently experiencing. Sometimes the em/gobal_area_mb is drained so much that new sessions coming in from the portal are canceled due to a memory bottleneck. This memory segment cannot be extended beyond it's current value (it's already maxed out).

I'll try your suggestion and get back to you with the result. If my explanation gives you another idea, plase let me know.

Best regards, Wilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

The use of the function module gives the same results: in the foreground it works like a charm but when scheduled to run in the background, nothing happens.

Best regards, Wilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wilbert,

I just created a report containing that:

REPORT ZGMHUGO4.

CALL FUNCTION 'IAC_INVALIDATE_PPTS'

• EXPORTING

• APPL_SERVER_ONLY = ' '

• EXCLUDE_LOCAL = ' '

Then I planned a job running this program and it works fine.

best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

I had the function module's parameter "APPL_SERVER_ONLY set. This doesn't seem to work. I changed the program so that the function module is called without parameters (as specified by you) and this worked! Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction!

Best regards, Wilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wilbert,

the parameter appl_server_only should not be used. This makes sense in chaotic

development environments only :). Let me explain:

In some systems, where lots of application servers are under C or C++ development

it happens often, that work processes are debugged or have special debug coding.

For this reason the RFC to those servers will not work well and our function module

will run for an incredible long time. Here it does make sense to invalidate the cache

of the server which runs the templates under development only.

A remark to the memory configuration - just to avoid misunderstandings:

The memory available for ITS templates and sessions is taken from the shared memory

configured using 'em/gobal_area_mb' . Other components - shared object f.i. use that

memory too.

With respect to that we changed the memory statistics screen of SITSPMON for

displaying the memory amount currently available for ITS sessions. The next Support

Package with the next Kernel patch will have this feature.

best regards

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

Concerning the memory problems you reported. Can you confirm that the session management from Portal works well or do you see orphaned user sessions in your backend system?

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

It's hard to distinguish between orphaned and active sessions in the backend. When a user closes the browser window with the x-button, the portal DSM sends a usr_abort to the ITS and not an usr_logoff. As a result, these sessions will be kept alive until the time specified in parameter rdisp/plugin_auto_logout has passed. In my opinion it's therefor also a question of instructing the users on how to work with the portal.

Best regards, Wilbert