cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP table extraction from BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When i am trying to extract SAP table data into BODS 4.1 ,  I am getting an dump in SAP with the description " "CONNECT_TO_GATEWAY_FAILED" and its happening in the program /BODS/RPT_STREAM_READ_TABLE .

Error text............ service 'XXXXX' unknown

Description............ NiPGetServByName: 'XXXXX' not found

I am getting this dump only when the extraction is scheduled in background mode ( Execute in background ( Batch) - Check box checked in BODS ) .

Thanks,

AJ.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to run the extraction successfuly if i dont check the check box ( Execute in background ( Batch)  ) .

I have all the necessary authoriazation and my SAP instance is up and running.

And also any one know how Gateway service-RFCGWSERV field is populated  ? I understand that its passed from BODS to SAP when the extraction is running.

Any more leads pls ?

Thanks,

AJ.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Just was thinking out of the box

Can you check the gateway service name in RFC instance configuration in BODS management console.

By default we give the value as SAPGW00 but in some cases it doesnt accept this. You can give 3300 instead of sapgw00 where 00 = SAP system number.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun - I can surely try that but woudl like to know whats mean by 3300 here ?

Thanks,

AJ.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Arun!!

Its a SAP gateway which is used for CPIC and RFC communication. Range starting from 3300 to 3399 can be used.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c2...

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Any idea where there used to maintain these entries ? I think i am almost there.

Thanks,
AJ.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Its under the RFC Server Configuration where we need to change the SAP gateway service name.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

In the sap gateway service name I can see a value SAPGW00 which seems to be right but its picking up some other value .

Error text............ service 'XXXXX' unknown

Description............ NiPGetServByName: 'XXXXX' not found

Is there anyother place apart from the screen shot above this gateway entries would be maintained ??

Thanks,

Arun.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can you please check with your BASIS Team and check the Gateway service name under RFC configuration in SAP ECC

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Arun , is it necessary to have the RFC server configuration set up when we tried to extract table data from ECC in background mode ?

Thanks,

AJ.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Arun!!

Its necessary to set up the RFC Server configuration even when you try to execute in Background

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun . Let me set it up and get back to you.

Regards,

AJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I tried it and didnt worked . any more leads pls..

Thanks,

Arun.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

Can you please check with your BASIS Team and ask them to monitor the process when you are executing the process in background. They will be able to trace with the help of process id.

They can find or get the trace where the communication is lost between SAP ECC and BODS.

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

What happens when you are importing the table in BODS designer. Are you able to import the table successfully or it gives any error.

Can you please check if the RFC instance is running correctly in BODS Management console The RFC user which you are using to extract the SAP ECC data must have SAP_ALL rights to extract the necessary tables.

Also check with the BASIS team if they have installed necessary functions to import the table from BODS

Regards

Arun Sasi

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like Data Services is not able to connect to SAP.Can you check if SAP is up and running?