Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ_TEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to pull the Text from VA23. So for this, I hv,

VA23->given Qutotaion #>Menu->Go To-->Header>Text---->Header Note1 (Apart from Header Note1, there is Supplementary Text is also existing! in this path)

So, here I can see some text for Header Note1.

So, now I hv to pull this text into my Form (Actually, the earlier Programmer already pulling this Supplementary Text to this Form, but as there is no text for Supplementary Text, nothing is showing in the Form).

Now, the requirement changed from Supplementary text to Header Note 1.

Actually, the earlier Programmer has given defined one Text node as Include Text after writing the code READ_TEXT in the program, like,

Text name - &GS_TEXT-TDNAME&,

Object - VBBP,

ID - Z666,

Language - EN.

So,

Now, How I hv to pull the Header Note1 instaed of Supplmetary text?

(Actually, I went to SO 10 and SE75 to find out this ID - Z666, but I did not see it, Why its like that?)

ThanQ.

Message was edited by:

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sounds like it should be as easy as changing the text object and/or the text id. Maybe the id is '0001', if so, you can simply replace the Z666 with 0001.

Regard,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich and Naren,

Yes, ur both expcteations r correct.

Hi Rich - the earlier programmer already using the 0001 for Text Id in the READ_TEXT! So, Now From Where I can find my Header Note1's Text ID(I guess, anyway, the object is VBBP)

Hi Naren - Yes, I followed ur path and tried to get the Text ID by double clicking & Right clicking the Header Note1 under VA43, But I culd not get the Text ID, so How to get the Text ID?

ThanQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are your answeres.

1. When you say, you wants to print "Header Note" text, the <b>text object should be VBBK not VBBP.</b>.

2. When you double-click the text ( header note ), it will openup a editor which looks like SAPScript editor. In this editor select menu path "<b>Goto --> Header</b>". You will see text object and text id here.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

I find the path, I am trying! will let u know!

ThanQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

Its worked out.

ThanQ.

But, as u expected its taking POSNR(I think), coz, my Quotation # is 12345678, but When I am seeing in Debug mode, its showing like 12345678<u><i><b>000010</b></i></u>, so I removed/changed this 000010 part in debug mode, then I am getting my result i.e. Header Note1!

So,

U mentioned in ur first response as,

/: INCLUDE &VBAK-VBELN<u><i><b>(K)</b></i></u>& OBJECT VBBK ID 0001

So,

1- What is this ''K'' here( Is it Offset?)?

2- Can I give directly as ''K'' or any value like, 0(8)?

3-Is it really,POSNR?

4- If so, How to avoide it, while importing into READ_TEXT FM?

TahnQ.

Message was edited by:

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

(K) is not offset. Using (K) you prevent conversion routine.

For text name "VBELN" should be whole 10 digits. So if your VBELN = 12345678 then the text name should be 0012345678 ( with two zeros in the front).

Whe you use (K) with variable, it retains this internal format ( with leading zeros) and text will be read.

So, you only use what command i have given in my previsou post.

/: INCLUDE &VBAK-VBELN(K)& OBJECT VBBK ID 0001

here i assume that VBAK-VBELN contains the quotation number. If you have any other variable throught you are passing quotation number, use that variable. But do not forget to use (K).

<b>No neet to use offset or no neet to use READ_TEXT FM.</b>

I hope i clarify your doubt.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it.

ThanQ to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

Just now, I noticed one is that, there is 5 lines of Long(Functional team has given just like that for Testing purpose!) text for Header Note1(Menu->Go To>Header--->Text) for a given Quotation#!

So, Its not printing in the Form! When I make it 3/4 line its printing!

So,

1-Do u think that as its 5 lines lenghty text, its not printing?

2- Do we hv a such restruction for Include Text concept?

ThanQ.

Message was edited by:

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you print the text using INCLUDE TEXT command, it display the entire text. Eventhough it is <b>5 Pages</b> or more.

<b>I think the issue is with the window size</b> in which you are printing this text. If text is more than that can be printed in window, it will be truncted.

If you want to display entire text irrespective of its size and you do not know what can be the max. zise in future, it should be printed on MAIN window. In that case, all the text will be printed.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

Yes, (unintentionally!) I am using MAIN!

But, immediately after Include Text node, there is TABLE! Does it makes any difference?

ThanQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are talking about TEXT NODE and TABLE NODE, are you using Smartforms?

If you are using Smartforms, let me know what it the Text node type you are using.

- include text OR

- text element Or

- text module.

Let me know you code OR settings, how you are displaying this text.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, ur right that, I am working with Smartforms.

Type of Text Node is Include Text.

Defined as usual, like,

Type - Include Text,

Time - New Paragraph,

Object-VBBK,

ID-0002

Name-&GS_TEXT-TDNAME&

Next, Table Node starts!

Hope u understand.

ThanQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does not matter weather you are printing TABLE right after text node. It should display whole text.

Please check again, if you are using any conditional output anywhere.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

Yes! I got it that, all text is printing in the form, which is defined for Include text.

Thanq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,,

Can U respond to my thread with the Title of,

<u><b>Dependencies Info. - Transport Issue! in General ABAP forum!</b></u>

Bcoz, I am waiting for transporting my request!

ThanQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Pls. culd u respond to my thread with Title - <b>''Dependencies Info. - Transport Issue!</b> ''.

Actually, I wanna put it in BASIS forum, but I culd not trace out the BASIS forum in SDN, so may I know, with What name the BASIS forum is existiong in SDN? So, that, I can redirect above mentioned thread into BASIS forum!

ThanQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Pls. can u respond to my thread with title '<u><b>'Performence issue with Cluster Tables?''</b></u>

The issue is,

When I wanna to pull the data from Cluster Table (BSEG), its taking lot of time to fetch even a single record! As its Cluster table I can not implement the Secondary Index!

So,

1 - How to pull the data from Cluster table(BSEG) with better performence as like as Transaparent table?

2- Or What is the alternative in (BSEG) Cluster tables for the concept of Secondary indeces of Transparent tables?

Some of our experts suggested that, I can pull from BSIS, BSIK, BSAK etc. tabels. But, the data from FB01 transaction is passing into BSEG(cluster) table, so If I fetch the data other than(BSEG) table I dont know that Weather the data is correct/reliable or not?

ThanQ.

Message was edited by:

Sridhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>[1].</b>

If you want to print "Header note" then you write your code like this.

/: INCLUDE &VBAK-VBELN(K)& OBJECT VBBK ID 0001

You do not need to user "READ_TEXT' explicitly.

This will automatically print header note text, given that VBAK-EBELN holds the "quotation number".

<b>[2].</b>

You are saying that when you SO10, you do not see any text. While object for sales document text is VBBK ( if header level text ) or VBBP ( if item level text).

Also, it seems that ID = Z666 is custom define. It is not standard text ID.

Regards,

RS

<b>In SO10, you can only see the text of Object = TEXT.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you display the supplementary header text in va43..

In the menu ..Goto -> Header...

There you can get the text id..

So when call the FM read_text, instead of the text id Z666...Give the text id that you see in the header for the supplementary text..

Text name - &GS_TEXT-TDNAME&,

Object - VBBP,

ID - <u><b>Z666</b></u>, <b>" Change this</b>

Language - EN.

Thanks,

Naren