cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Natural Person field in MDG Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Natural Person STKZN (Customer Master Table KNA1)  is hidden in GenIL. I have to maintain this field using NWBC UI.

What steps I need to follow ?

Is only un-hiding using genil_model_browser sufficient ?

Or I also need to extend data model with a custom field ?

Please provide a solution for this. It will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is one of many fields that are duplicates in the data model: it exists in both the business partner (e.g. table BUT000) and customer / vendor (e.g. KNA1 / LFA1).

Since MDG is built on the business partner, it considers the fields of BUT000 as leading. Therefore maintenance of the corresponding fields from KNA1 / LFA1 is disabled. Enabling the same can lead to unforseen / undesired behaviors.

Fields that existing both in the business partner and customer / vendor model are handled by the customer / vendor integration (CVI). If you've setup CVI correctly, it's totally sufficient to maintain the field on business partner level. CVI will post the same information into the customer / vendor data, too.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

But it is not defined attribute in GenIL for Buiness Partner also and we can not modify the attribute properties as well so how to activate at business partner Level?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

"not defined" is the default value you will find for at least 95% of the attributes. This is valid since the actual status of an attributes is determined during runtime anyways (e.g. depending on field property settings for business partners in customizing, the current CR / workflow, etc.).

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not find natural person attribute in root objects, Please let me know where can i see this natural person attribute in GenIL browser. and where i need to add it in UI to get proper results.

Please provide more detail to get results.

Thank You.

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Now I got the attribute in Genil.

Unhide in Genil:

Change Attribute Property of attribute STKZN to "Not Defined"

Then add Natural Person attribute on a correct UIBB. Please add it as shown in below screenshot in Component Customizing BS_BP_Details. Then test if the data (tick the check box) is getting reflected in ECC database.

UIBB Config Path: BS_OVP_BP: BS_OVP_CU > OVP: BS_CU_OVP > Composite UIBB: BS_BP_DETAILS_CU > Form UIBB: BS_BP_DETAILS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Swati,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Swati,

I have change Attribute Property of attribute STKZN to "Not Defined",

I have selected dependent objects because i need to enable for Vendor process, SU_GeneraData

But I can not see "Natural person" attribute UIBB Config Path: BS_OVP_BP: BS_OVP_SP > OVP: BS_SP_OVP > Composite UIBB: BS_BP_DETAILS_CU > Form UIBB: BS_BP_DETAILS.

Please provide details.

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

In BP Data model also we can not see natural person arrtibute in any of the UIBB although it is defined as optional field in backend ECC BP field group.

But it seems it is already there and no where (In change request steps also) it is defined as not relvant but still we can not see it in any UIBB customization.

Entity: BP_CENTRL

Attribute: NATPERS

Do you mean to say that we need to do enhancement for this field in Data modal and respective UIBB and also need to add custom handler class with field property change for this field?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

the field is not part of the standard UI configuration since it is not really used anymore. If you need it, you can of course add it to the UI simply by customizing the desired UIBB.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for confirmation!

Is addition is only sufficient in case of BP UIBB and not update is required for Not Defined Arrtribue in GenlL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

You have to enhanced entity and then you have to map these field to 'STKZN' of KNA1 in SMT Mapping.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

This field is already present in MDG BP data model.

Entity: BP_CENTRL

Attribute: NATPERS

Therefore, my questions are:

1. As this attribute already exists in MDG therefore I am NOT sure if I need to add a custom field in MDG for the same?

2. Can I map the MDG attribute NATPERS with KNA1-STKZN using SMT mapping ?

As per metadata excel (plz see below image), this field is hidden in GenIL. Why this is "hidden in GenIL"? Will "un-hiding" it cause any problem because there must be some purpose behind it ?

Please let me know what exact steps I need to follow.

Thanks & regards,

Swati Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati verma,

I need to enable natural person for vendor, If you please provide solution for above question.

Thank You,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to just unhide this attribute in genil. TCode genil_model_browser

Edit enhancement BUPA_CUSP. Or, you should create a custom enhancement by copying  standard enhancement BUPA_CUSP.

After unhiding, add it in UIBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Thanks. But it seems it is in Root Object and unchangable

Can you p;rovide any information how to change it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Expand "Dependent Objects". In the required object expand "attributes structure".

If you don't find the attribute here. Then open this object in "Root Object" and change the attribute property to 'Not Defined'