cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting doc type of accrual reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please your advice, How to define different accounting document type between accrual/deferral document (from RERAALCN) and the reversal (from tcode RERAALCNRV). Is there any configuration to fulfill this requirement or I must use userexit ?

Appreciate your input.

Thank you,

Budi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bowen_cao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Budi,

Please check below note about how to configue the document type of RERAALCN.

But regarding document type for RERAALCNRV, there is no standard customizing for that in RE, system will always pick up the document type automatically based on the original document type.

But please check the setting in OBA7, it is possible to maintain the reversal documen type for original document type.

829676 - Consulting note: Accruals/deferrals in RE-FX

Account Determination

The component RE only uses the "simple account determination" using the derivation tool. You have to set the following

• the document types for the accrual/deferral postings (G/l account postings)

the accounts for the accrual/deferral postings

For the account determination, refer to the attachment.

Note that the settings for the U postings have to be the same as the settings for the I postings.

Best regards,

Bowen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bowen,

We have set the accounting doc type in OBA7. We set original doc type Z2 and for the reversal Y2 (V_T003-STBLA) but the reversal doc still use doc type Z2.

Regards,

Budi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding of the issue, while in reversal system should always reverse the original document with all the parameters (including Doc type). The doc type of the reversal should be same as that of the original doc.

Regards,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sid,

Is there any consideration why we should use same doc type ?

We have plan to use userexit because our customer need to know easily which document is original and which is the reversal.

Thank you,

Budi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all its a standard design of the system as once the reversal is processed, the original item gets nullified and gets cleared since its using the same doc type.

Before going ahead with the User-exit for this requirement, I would suggest you to please conduct a couple of testing rounds and analyze the system behavior. If the original docs are getting cleared on reversal even after this User-exit, then you can implement. Else though from the accounting entries perspective, the entries are revered but in ledger view it will show as outstanding which may lead to ambiguous calculations (from accounts its OK but not from the view).Then you have to manually clear all the entries.

If the user exit is behaving the way you want and it is not hampering the as-is process, then only go ahead with that solution.

If you want to check which documents are reversed, "Reversed Document" and "Reversal Document" flags get updated on processing of reversals. From there you can easily identify these documents.

Regards,

Sid

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, i will pay more attention to test this userexit.

Regards,

Budi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can close this thread by marking relevant post(s) correct and helpful, if your doubts are not open now.

Regards,

Sid