cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio Filter Line and Filter Panel not clearing as expected

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using DS 1.5 SP0, and we have a scenario where the Filter Line / Filter Panel components are not clearing filter values when then have been applied in script.

We are using a chart to filter a big data set, now the filters are applied using DATASOURCE.setFilter(CHART.getSelectedMember(DIMENSION)); this filter is moved to the filter line correctly (as shown below).

When you remove the filter (in this case vendor), you see the entire data set (in this case it is only test data).

However when you try and now filter on something other than the vendor selected in the chart, you can only see the original vendor and not any other filter options.

We have tried tying a .clearAllFilters() function to a button in an effort to clear the entire data source, however this also does not fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced these issues and found any work around for it?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could this be related other threads about chart objects not releasing the selected value?

There is no function to deselect a selected value in a chart.  You have to select again on the chart to clear the selection.

Then code around the Null you will send when the chart is cleared of its last selection.

james

0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply; we also had the chart objects not releasing value issue, and like you say we can get around that with coding.

Last night (after much investigation) we narrowed it down to GL account causing problems for the entire dashboard. We found that the dimension 'GL account' is fine, but when you pull this through BEx into the dashboard it breaks.

I also raised an OSS note as we are tight on time, they have suggested to apply SAP note 2107060 and hopefully this fixes the issue.

I'll keep you all posted with the result.

Phil

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy/James,

Thanks for your advice, applying SAP note 2107060 has resolved the issue; everything now functions as expected.

Cheers,

Phil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gopinath_kolli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

On a side note, I also tested this using just a cross-tab and a filter line and the problem is replicated.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It might be just me but I'm having a difficult time recreating this; with the filter lines, why do you need to use DATASOURCE.setFilter(CHART.getSelectedMember(DIMENSION))?

Maybe a screen shot of how it looks like at design time will help?

0 Kudos

One of our requirements is to be able to use charts to drill down to cross tab components; we have done some further testing and we are receiving "Undispatched Delayed Data Found [object argmuents] when selecting particular dimensions from the filter line.

We are using BEx queries on top of HANA calculation views, so it may be related to this at somepoint down the line; I'll attach a screenshot in a minute if I can.