cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Data Guard with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If we implement Oracle data Guard with 11.2.0.3 than can we start the SAP in read only mode? If yes than How ? Do we have any SAP Note for that? Or if it is not possible than how can we check whether SAP will run at the time of activating the Data Guard?

I have gone through Setting up Oracle 11g Data Guard  for SAP customers and 105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment . But these do not contain my query.

Regards   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurbir,

> If we implement Oracle data Guard with 11.2.0.3 than can we start the SAP in read only mode?

No, this is not possible (unfortunately). This is also the main trade-off with Active Data Guard and SAP.

> Or if it is not possible than how can we check whether SAP will run at the time of activating the Data Guard?

You can convert your standby database to a snapshot standby database (Using Snapshot Standby), start your SAP system in DR site, test it, revert the database to a physical standby database and proceed with usual business.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

This is really healpful.

I am going through the link using snapshot standby... and I found it helpful. Once I will go through the documents and implement it.... I will make this correct answer .

Thanks and Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurbir,

I have a link for setting up Oracle 11g Data Guard for SAP customers I hope it might help you.

http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/sap/wp-ora4sap-dataguard11g-303811.pdf

Cheers

Sharma

Answers (0)