cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Forgot Password" functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an requirement to implement "Forgot Password" functionality on Standard Fiori LaunchPad.

My requirement is to display "Forgot Password" link on LaunchPad. Once the user clicks on it, an email is triggered to his registered email id with new password.

I would like to know if there is any such functionality is available in Fiori.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

if you need to display a password forgotten link, I think the best solution would be to do some custom development on your side to extend the Fiori login.

In order to do so, you could extend the login page template and subclass the Fiori login to load your custom template instead of the default one (or leverage login.properties overriding).

1/ Login page template

It is located in the MIME repository, under /sap/public/bc/ui2/logon/template_login.html

You could save a modified copy, e.g. /sap/public/bc/ui2/logon/template_login_custom.html

2/ Overriding template_login property

The login page template is controlled by the "template_login" property. You could override it through the login.properties customisation file (cf. SAP Note 2067198 - Customization of Fiori ICF login form)

Alternatively, you could create you own login class Z_CUSTOM_FIORI_LOGIN extending the /UI2/CL_SRA_LOGIN class

Then all you would need to do is to redefine the init_default_properties method with the following content

METHOD  init_default_properties.

super->init_default_properties( iv_context ).

set_property(  iv_name  =  'template_login'  iv_value  =  '/sap/public/bc/ui2/logon/template_login_custom.html'  ).

ENDMETHOD.

You could also override here any other login property that you want.

Best regards,

Michael

SAP Fiori Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

While exploring the system I came across few system settings on "frontend system" -->SICF.

Please refer below screen shot.

Here I see an option to insert "sap-return-url" parameter.

Is there any possibility to use this option ?

Thanks and Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I had a chat with the responsible developer and he said to me that there is no "simple way" to create the Forgot Password functionality. However, they will add this feature in the future. It's already on their list but he couldn't give me a date for its release. So currently there is no other way to create a Forgot Password feature as I described in my first reply.

Best regards,

Michael

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael & Albrecht,

Can't we make use of Password Reset functionality of USER SELF SERVICE service of GW?

User Self Service - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Regards,
Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Have you implemented the same, Can you please help me in the same i have the same requirement to setup the Forgot Password Link on the Fiori Logon Page.

Can you please guide me, What are the exact steps you followed for the same?

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

we are also having the same requirement "Forgot password "  functionality on Standard Fiori

LaunchPad.

did you find solution for this requirement ?

kindly help or suggest me on this .

kind regards,

Rajesh Neelakantam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You have to customize the login page. Please refer to Michael's reply above for possible options.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet ,

Thanks for your quick response ,I have a doubt for this

1) if i will create forgot password button in sap standard launchpad when user click that button it will go to the user mail box .

2) is it possible to update the password front end to back end database ( backend server is LDAP)

3) i am unable to find the Odata service and where can i get the service for users database .

4) could you please provide me the steps for this .

kind regards,

Rajesh Neelakantam