cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of single SF to Dual ECC via HCI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where there are 2 ECC systems running for 2 different business (companies) merged later but not merged into single ECC.

ECC1 is running on HANA DB and ECC2 is runnning on non HANA DB.

Now, requirement is to use single Successfactor Cloud System for both ECC systems and integration to be done through single HCI or PI.

Could you please advise and elaborate on this.

1. Can single SF integrate with ECCs.

2. HCI or PI, what is best tool with respect to long term solution, cost, scalibility, new contents and mappings, flexibility etc as there is now PI already running.

3. Pros and Cons of both HCI and PI for integration SF.

4. Challenges in integrating single SF with 2 ECCs with respect DB and any other factors you want to highlight.

Alim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alim,

1. Can single SF integrate with ECCs.

- Yes single SF can integrate with multiple ECC and even non-SAP systems.

2. HCI or PI, what is best tool with respect to long term solution, cost, scalibility, new contents and mappings, flexibility etc as there is now PI already running.

- If you already have PI licence, then you can do it with PI. Both HCI and PI are used for almost all options. ideally HCI is best for cloud to cloud integration but for hybrid scenarioes like yours, HCI or PI both suit good.

- Both solution are capable to do almost all integrations. If your client want integration solution to be supported as on-premise then PI else he wants to be supported on cloud, then HCI.

- Both solutions are scalable and flexible.

3. Pros and Cons of both HCI and PI for integration SF.

-PI system will be owned by client itself hece hardware and support team is required.

- HCI system will be on cloud as SF, hence no hardware and support team is required.

4. Challenges in integrating single SF with 2 ECCs with respect DB and any other factors you want to highlight.

- There is no such challenge, You can do it smoothly.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

Please confirm if ECC is on S/4 Hana or HANA DB schema, there should not be any challenge, right?

Alim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alim,

It will not be issue in integration because of database you use. You use SAP HANA or any other DB, this will not add any extra complexity. Even S4 HANA is also fine.

Thumb rule is, if you have PI and client is not looking for cloud solution then go with PI. It will be manageable by client. But if client is looking for maintenance free solution then HCP.

I hope i answered your questions, if so close the thread, please.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am also trying to figure a solution where I have a client working with ECC 6.0 EHP 6 but is also interested in leveraging the newest capabilities provided by S/4 HANA.

Is it possible that through some medium I would be able to connect the two systems?

If yes, request to please, kindly point me in the direction of some helpful documentation that can help me with the methodology or at least some theoretical concept around the same.

I would be highly obliged for any help extended in this concern.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Goel