Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Data flow between Unicode and Non Unicode systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have scenario as below,

We have a Unicode – ECC 6.0 and a UTF 7 – Legacy system.

A message flow between Legacy system to ECC 6.0 system and the data is of 700 KB size.

Will there be any issue in this as one is Unicode and other is non Unicode?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As long as you restrict communication to only characters supported in the legacy system you should not have problems and you use the right function modules (you can specify the code page to read/write with). You can get more information interfacing between unicode and non-unicode system at the following link: http://service.sap.com/unicode

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add to Mike's post...

You indicate that your legacy system is non-Unicode and the ERP system is Unicode. You also said that the data flow is only <i>from</i> the legacy system <i>to</i> the ERP system. In this case, you should have no data issues, since the Unicode system is the receiving system. There <b>are</b> data issues when the data flow is in the other direction: <i>from</i> a Unicode system <i>to</i> a non-Unicode system. Here, the non-Unicode system can only process characters that exist on its codepage and care must be taken from sending systems to ensure that they only send characters that are on the receiving system's codepage (as Mike says above).

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (0)