SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-CA reporting and analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP for Media, which I understand has significant similarities to SAP for Utilities.

Both our subscriptions billing and our SD billing runs through FI-CA.

Once these transactions hit FI-CO we loose site of the detail. All transactions are aggregated via the reconciliation keys and posted with a singular document type.

Are there any standard ECC or BI optimised for HANA reports available that will enable us to analyse the information that ends in the GL, with reference to the detail sitting in FI-CA?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think any reports have been optimized for HANA yet

We use FI-CA transactions FPO4 and FPO1 reporting transactions to show the aging of the receivables and tie out to the general ledger.  I recommend entering a GL account number when running it.

0 Kudos

Hi Zanne,

Adding to Tammy's Comments, there are SAP Standard Extractors available to pull the FICA transactional data into BW cubes and from there you can generate report based on your requirement.

FPBW (for Open Items) and FPCIBW (for Clear Items) can be used for extraction of Items into BW.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The FICA report FPG5 shows linkages between FI-GL &  FI-CA documents.

There are about 3-4 reports in the same menu path:

Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Periodic Processing->Forward Postings->

Reconciliation

I hope you get what you want.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Do you know anyway of changing the layout availble in SAP that allow us to put in detail line the document number of FICO available in header line? in order to extract data into a file and being able to work it without loosing the relation of header and detail lines ?

Usually to work the file extracted I use both fields Reconciliation key and counter because they are available in the fields of Header and Items position but to work the file it's quite dificult.

Do you have any other suggestion or idea?

In the other report available FPT7, FPT8 we only have FSCD documents and not related FICO documents.

Thanks
Cristina

0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

I don't think it's possible to change the layout/format easily,

Perhaps you could ask a developer to clone to report and adjust the layout to your like in the custom version of the program.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

thks Ivor for your prompt reply.

That was also my thought. Anyway, I'll try to check again if there is any enhancement point for this report.

I will let you know in case I find out something.

Thanks

Regards

Cristina