cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11.5 Migration Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am searching for the 11.5 to 12.0 migration tool that SAP provides.  When I search the marketplace, I get supporting documents and notes.  Can someone please provide a link to the software download?  Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

You would find it under SAP MII 12.0 installation section under support packages.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=Y&FUNCTIO...

Check under "Entry by component"

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found MII Migration Tool under the section you described.  Is there an upgrade or installation document I can use to help guide me when upgrading from 11.5? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found the correct guides.  Thanks!!

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's Great,

Please close the thread.

Thanks,

Swaroop

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer (closes, but does not lock the Discussion) and Helpful Answer where appropriate. See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you

discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.  Do not use Assumed Answered as it confuses anyone looking for the specific answer.

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)
SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently, this is not the tool.  I need the 11.5 migration tool.  I heard it is a windows based(??) executable and not a support stack as the first link indicated.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You download a compressed file from the link mentioned above. Decompress it and you would get a batch file. That is what is migration tool. Read readme txt that comes along. It would guide you in migration process.

Do check premigratiin steps as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is 12 files that I have to decompress.  Is this what you are referring to?  XMIIMIGRATION01_0-20004627.SCA  (1-11)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, if there are multiple files with XMIIMIGRATION name, then get the latest one decompressed.

Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it.  It was compressed in the SCA file that was compressed in a SDA file that was compressed as a ZIP file.  So my next question is when this migration takes place, are there any restrictions to which version of netweaver / MII the installation needs to start with.  My goal is to have the client installed with NW 7.3 and MII 14.  I know all versions of NW / MII are retroactive, but I want to make sure that I don't need to start with MII 12.0 for some reason.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem, you can directly move to 14.0 from 11.5. Just get the migration tool from 14.0 support packages. The one from 12.0 might have some issues doing this for you.

You would again get a batch file.

Get a backup of Illuminator folder and perform the migration from there after some pre-requisites like checking for URLs and file paths. As 11.5 wasn't case sensitive, but 14.0 is.

Regards,

Swaroop