cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressions (material number ) blank in work item, while creating material master creatiion workflow

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

After creation of material by a MM user, the next FI user has send mail, user decision and activity steps. in all the steps he getting expressions (material number) in work item.

but when he (FI) triggered the workflow the next PP user, expressions (material number) is blank in work item  for send mails, user decision, and activity steps.

i thing their is something missing in activity steps for FI user?. i have done automatic binding in all the steps.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Share the screenshot fo workflow container and task container. This could be a due to missing or overwrite binding. Trace the value of masterail number from WF container to each task container.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely you are using an material object in the container in your workflow. This object has the material number as an attribute (or key). This "variable" is used in all the texts and now it is empty. Most likely now your FI step somehow empties/initializes the object. You should be able to see this from the technical workflow log (open the container, and find the material object there - is it initial/empty?).

I would guess that the problem is in the bindings. The automatic bindings don't always work so well. You should compare the binding carefully to the other steps (before the FI step) in which the binding is still working. Can you see a difference? You might be binding a wrong container (=material object) element either from workflow to the task, or from task to the workflow.

Regards,

Karri