SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR error Article does not exist in storage location

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

while I am doing GR , error occured: Pls help

Article ZART001 S100 0001 does not exist

Message no. M7006

Diagnosis

For material ZART001, no material master data exists in plant S100, storage
location 0001.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

When the Article Master was created and the listed to Site S100, a reference article should have existed for the merchandise category in which the new article was being created.

Because the reference article would have a logistics DC and Logistics Store view maintained, including a storage location, during listing Article ZART001 would have also received the same values for storage location. 

--------------

Paul R Gendreau, Jr

SAP Retail, Inc

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

When the Article Master was created and the listed to Site S100, a reference article should have existed for the merchandise category in which the new article was being created.

Because the reference article would have a logistics DC and Logistics Store view maintained, including a storage location, during listing Article ZART001 would have also received the same values for storage location. 

--------------

Paul R Gendreau, Jr

SAP Retail, Inc

0 Kudos

When I create reference material for Logistic DC and Store view , I not see storage location to maintain. Pls let me know how to put in storage location.

0 Kudos

Have you created a reference store and reference DC?

These are the Storage Locations maintained for the reference store and reference DC?

Your Retail Master Data lead should have prepared this reference data. 

- Paul

0 Kudos

I have found storage locaiton in Logistic Store view. Would u mind to enlighten me if I would like to have more than 1 storage location. how to do this pls.

0 Kudos

Hi,

this is the default storage location which automatically proposed by the system in the purchase requisition in materials planning.

You can manually select another storage location in some cases when you want to place the article somewhere else than the default storage location.

BR

0 Kudos

Hi Paul:

I have try per your recommendation but I never successful create storage location for my article.

Below is the step I do.

1. create site and maintain storage location for the site in menu customize> for site> inv> storage location

2. create merchandise cat.

3. create ref MC article

4. maintan merchandise cat in Site

4. create article and press listing

flag - list of supply site

flag - local assortments too

but I never success has storage location maintain when I do MIGO. always pop up error that article not maintained for the storage location.

pls advise again.

0 Kudos

Hi open storage location you want with mmsc transaction code.

0 Kudos

Hi George:

I have try MMSC but error as:

You must use retail functions to process the article ZART018

Message no. MH091

Diagnosis

The material has been created in the retail material master. As a result, it
may be maintained only using the special retail functions because the data will
otherwise be inconsistent.